“Great food and nice service”
Review of Darbar Restaurant

Darbar Restaurant
Ranked #1,275 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We just passed by for some spicy food, we were sick of all the fast food. The owner is very nice when you let him know you like Indian, and the food is done quickly. The very spicy option was not that spicy, I guess Americans don't like it that much. The lamb dishes are great and we wondered how we could ever cook something like this, which herbs to use. Came back the day after just because we were lazy and in the mood for some spice. Not the best Indian food ever but it definitely satisfying!

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend the Darbar wrap to go at lunch. Chicken tikka is also very good as is the butter chicken. We will often call our order in and get it to go for Friday movie night.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We had just arrived in San Fransisco and had dropped of the rental car, walking back to our hotel and feeling hungry, we happened across this small 'Curry House' ( an English term), we were not disappointed, sometimes you can judge a restaurant by how many people are sat inside, we got there at 6-30pm and there were only 2 others sat at a table, we should have walked away but I am so glad we didn't, the food was more than expected, if ever you're in the area and want a good Indian meal then look no further, it's just a shame I don't live closer
Top marks 10/10

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent food, clean and friendly staff. My wife ordered the tandoori chicken and I decided on their vegetarian vindaloo and an app of their samosas. We shared it all with some rice and nan - lots of food, very tasty at a good price - yum! 5*

Reviewed 27 March 2015

This place was located just behind our Holiday Inn hotel. It was a short walk for a tired and hungry group so we decided to eat at this restaurant for dinner after reading some good reviews. The place itself was small with simple decor. There was a lot of choose from the menu, even for vegetarians so I was very happy about that. The smell of the food as it came out made our mouths water. Everything looked fantastic, and the taste was even better! This is probably one of the best Indian restaurants I've been to, with regards to the taste of the food. It was really delicious. I ordered the paneer tikka masala and cheese nan. Their mangolassi was very sweet, but still good. I can't wait to go back and eat there again!