1,667 results
All reviews hitchcock film union square sutter street tenderloin ceiling fan few blocks boutique hotel nob hill front desk staff decent size our honeymoon flat screen tv stayed here for nights public transport stay in san francisco cable car central location
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I really like this hotel very much , it’s so Convenient & right in the heart of everything shops all down the streets , so can find somewhere to eat at all hours , bus stops a min away Laundromat a couple doors downs, shopping District a 5 minute walk really what more can you ask for Plus love the hotel it’s self very cozy .staff friendly nice rooms modern French style decor would definitely come back

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Lloyd M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and the hospitality of our team shined through during your visit. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Husband and I have had staycations here before, but this Valentines Day was the absolute best stay ever. Upon arrival, Joan and Jessica were all smiles and so warm and welcoming. They checked us into our room, which to my surprise was upgraded by the hubby!! We stayed in the new honeymoon suite which was amazing! There we were greeted by an amazing rose petal heart and heart swans, champagne and strawberries and the sweetest welcome card from the GM Jaime Gonzalez. I had no idea the hubby had coordinated all this extra effort and the Vertigo went above and beyond to make this night extra special. Janet made the room impeccable, which I appreciate so much. We didn’t even get this kind of treatment when we traveled on our honeymoon at other hotels. Thank you so much to everyone at the Vertigo, I truly cannot recommend this hotel enough. 5 star experience every time!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherpa756904

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are super delighted to hear that you and your husband had such a memorable Valentine's Day with us! It is also wonderful to hear that the hospitality of our team shined through during your visit, especially from Jaime, Jessica, Joan, and Janet. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you both back during your next visit to San Francisco, perhaps during your anniversary or next Valentine's Day! <3

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Last minute booking for me. Jaime (Hotel GM) and Jessica were super attentive upon my arrival. Jaime upgraded my room and was just an overall nice person. Jessica (who I believe was in training) was so nice!!!
Room was clean and the hotel was located central to where I needed to be that afternoon for my meeting. Gregory was also a friendly face at the front desk, thanks for being cool!!!
Just a cool little hotel in a neighborhood in the city by the bay.

Room tip: I stayed on the 6th floor, it was very quiet up there.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Ezytee
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Ezytee,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and that the hospitality of our team shined through during your visit, especially from Jaime, Jessica, and Gregory. We will be sure to share your comments with all of them! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco, thanks again!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The place is located in a very so-so neighbourhood. You don't feel very safe on the streets, especially during the night. I've seen homeless people hanging out around the hotel's entrance regularly.

The place is run-down, rooms are neither very clean nor comfortable.

My biggest complaint is that because of a miscommunication for my check-out date - I should've stayed one day longer - the hotel called me just once. And even when I paid for the extra day over the phone, when I returned I found my things stuffed away in plastic bags. Worse still, they just got rid of my earplugs, my water, and some other toiletries! As you can imagine, my last night was not good at all, because it was noisy - and I didn't have my earplugs anymore!

Having said that, overall the service was friendly, so no complaints here.

Still, I wouldn't recommend this place due to the reasons mentioned.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear VincentStark,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We apologize about any confusion or misunderstandings that occurred during your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Traveling solo I am always mindful of safety.
The male receptionist that checked me in was unhelpful and Poorly informed of the hotel. First room I was give the window was next to fire escape, with a broken window lock. So easy access from outside into the room. I explained to the male receptionist that I was a solo traveler and was unhappy with the room security. After a lot of eye rolling and sighing He gave me another room. Another guest was also complaining that she asked for a room with a bath in it. Male receptionist explained that no other rooms were available with baths in. I checked out the 2nd room he gave me, again next to the fire escap with a broken lock on window. Again it was easy to open the window from the outside. This room had a bath in it. I returned to reception to again explain the situation. Again after lots of eye rolling and sighing, they could offer me the pent house for extra cost. Or a double room at the front . So I went to check out the double room. Perfect, no broken window or fire escape. While in the room the receptionist came to the empty room and explained that the Owner is no longer allowing this room to be used. So he gave me a 3rd room, again with a bath, window next to a fire escape but window lock the best out of the other two. That was my only option, or as the male receptionist informed me, find somewhere else to stay. It was dark outside, so was unsure where I could get other accommodation this late into the night. Also didn’t fancy spending the evening dragging my cases around San Fransisco in the dark looking for a place to stay. So the 3rd room it was.
So that was two empty rooms in the hotel with baths.
This whole experience was a stress that could have been avoided. If the male receptionist was educated about the hotel rooms and could have sorted it out quickly for me and the lady who wanted a bath. Most unhelpful man could learn a little compassion.
If traveling Solo would not recommend this hotel. Apart from that room was clean and close to the main square .

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear LisaSydney41,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we profusely apologize about your encounter with our team member at the front desk.
We agree that your experience with this team member is unacceptable and we will take immediate action. On behalf of our General Manager, Jaime, we encourage you to discuss with him offline to gain specific information about your experience so we may address these issues. You may contact Jaime at JGonzalez@haiyi-hotels.com. Thank you again for your feedback.