USD 287
USD 234
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 269/night.

USD 230
InterContinental
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 296/night.

USD 318
USD 254
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
USD 230
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 342/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 286
USD 250
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 434/night.

Hotel Zephyr(San Francisco)
USD 341
USD 321
  • Fitness centre
USD 343
USD 238
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 268/night.

USD 276
USD 262
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 408/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
USD 514
USD 256
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 390/night.

USD 507
USD 363
Priceline
1,554 results
All reviewshitchcock filmunion squaresutter streettenderloinceiling fanwalk in wardrobefew blocksdecent sizeflat screen tvfree coffeestayed here for nightsdesk staffpublic transportfisherman's wharfcable cararound the cornerhomeless people
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The place is located in a very so-so neighbourhood. You don't feel very safe on the streets, especially during the night. I've seen homeless people hanging out around the hotel's entrance regularly.

The place is run-down, rooms are neither very clean nor comfortable.

My biggest complaint is that because of a miscommunication for my check-out date - I should've stayed one day longer - the hotel called me just once. And even when I paid for the extra day over the phone, when I returned I found my things stuffed away in plastic bags. Worse still, they just got rid of my earplugs, my water, and some other toiletries! As you can imagine, my last night was not good at all, because it was noisy - and I didn't have my earplugs anymore!

Having said that, overall the service was friendly, so no complaints here.

Still, I wouldn't recommend this place due to the reasons mentioned.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear VincentStark,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We apologize about any confusion or misunderstandings that occurred during your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Traveling solo I am always mindful of safety.
The male receptionist that checked me in was unhelpful and Poorly informed of the hotel. First room I was give the window was next to fire escape, with a broken window lock. So easy access from outside into the room. I explained to the male receptionist that I was a solo traveler and was unhappy with the room security. After a lot of eye rolling and sighing He gave me another room. Another guest was also complaining that she asked for a room with a bath in it. Male receptionist explained that no other rooms were available with baths in. I checked out the 2nd room he gave me, again next to the fire escap with a broken lock on window. Again it was easy to open the window from the outside. This room had a bath in it. I returned to reception to again explain the situation. Again after lots of eye rolling and sighing, they could offer me the pent house for extra cost. Or a double room at the front . So I went to check out the double room. Perfect, no broken window or fire escape. While in the room the receptionist came to the empty room and explained that the Owner is no longer allowing this room to be used. So he gave me a 3rd room, again with a bath, window next to a fire escape but window lock the best out of the other two. That was my only option, or as the male receptionist informed me, find somewhere else to stay. It was dark outside, so was unsure where I could get other accommodation this late into the night. Also didn’t fancy spending the evening dragging my cases around San Fransisco in the dark looking for a place to stay. So the 3rd room it was.
So that was two empty rooms in the hotel with baths.
This whole experience was a stress that could have been avoided. If the male receptionist was educated about the hotel rooms and could have sorted it out quickly for me and the lady who wanted a bath. Most unhelpful man could learn a little compassion.
If traveling Solo would not recommend this hotel. Apart from that room was clean and close to the main square .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear LisaSydney41,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we profusely apologize about your encounter with our team member at the front desk.
We agree that your experience with this team member is unacceptable and we will take immediate action. On behalf of our General Manager, Jaime, we encourage you to discuss with him offline to gain specific information about your experience so we may address these issues. You may contact Jaime at JGonzalez@haiyi-hotels.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Flew solo on this trip and was in San Francisco for two weeks and stayed at Hotel Vertigo for the whole time.
Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful in providing me with all the info I needed.
I was also upgraded to a King suite, which was awesome as I lugged along my snowboard kit.
Classy decor adorned the place and the wifi was excellent - not so in many other US hotels.
Thanks Hotel Vertigo for a lovely stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter V
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Peter V,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our Hotel Vertigo! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the warm hospitality from our team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.

P.S. - We hope you had a blast shredding the slopes! ;)

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Christmas Day after a long flight. Check in by Greg was super smooth. He was efficient and quick and very helpful. The rooms were very spacious and spotless with everything necessary to make our stay extremely comfortable. We would certainly consider staying here again in the future. Excellent position in Sutter Street. 10 minutes walk to Union Square. The rest of the staff were very friendly and smiling. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dawn568
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear dawn568,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and that the hospitality of our team shined through during your visit, especially from our dear Greg. We will be sure to share your comments with him. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I was at the Vertigo for 1 night, and arrived early morning. Despite the official check-in time at noon, George from reception was kind enough to set me up with a room at 10am. In addition, he was also helping me with getting to my meeting and getting a cab to the airport. The WIFI is great, and the location is excellent - 7 minute walk from Union square.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Eitanrav
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Eitanrav,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the warm hospitality of our team shined through. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.