1,583 results
All reviewshitchcock filmunion squaresutter streettenderloinceiling fanwalk in wardrobefew blocksdecent sizeflat screen tvfree coffeestayed here for nightsdesk staffpublic transportcable carfisherman's wharfaround the cornerhomeless people
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Traveling solo I am always mindful of safety.
The male receptionist that checked me in was unhelpful and Poorly informed of the hotel. First room I was give the window was next to fire escape, with a broken window lock. So easy access from outside into the room. I explained to the male receptionist that I was a solo traveler and was unhappy with the room security. After a lot of eye rolling and sighing He gave me another room. Another guest was also complaining that she asked for a room with a bath in it. Male receptionist explained that no other rooms were available with baths in. I checked out the 2nd room he gave me, again next to the fire escap with a broken lock on window. Again it was easy to open the window from the outside. This room had a bath in it. I returned to reception to again explain the situation. Again after lots of eye rolling and sighing, they could offer me the pent house for extra cost. Or a double room at the front . So I went to check out the double room. Perfect, no broken window or fire escape. While in the room the receptionist came to the empty room and explained that the Owner is no longer allowing this room to be used. So he gave me a 3rd room, again with a bath, window next to a fire escape but window lock the best out of the other two. That was my only option, or as the male receptionist informed me, find somewhere else to stay. It was dark outside, so was unsure where I could get other accommodation this late into the night. Also didn’t fancy spending the evening dragging my cases around San Fransisco in the dark looking for a place to stay. So the 3rd room it was.
So that was two empty rooms in the hotel with baths.
This whole experience was a stress that could have been avoided. If the male receptionist was educated about the hotel rooms and could have sorted it out quickly for me and the lady who wanted a bath. Most unhelpful man could learn a little compassion.
If traveling Solo would not recommend this hotel. Apart from that room was clean and close to the main square .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear LisaSydney41,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we profusely apologize about your encounter with our team member at the front desk.
We agree that your experience with this team member is unacceptable and we will take immediate action. On behalf of our General Manager, Jaime, we encourage you to discuss with him offline to gain specific information about your experience so we may address these issues. You may contact Jaime at JGonzalez@haiyi-hotels.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Flew solo on this trip and was in San Francisco for two weeks and stayed at Hotel Vertigo for the whole time.
Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful in providing me with all the info I needed.
I was also upgraded to a King suite, which was awesome as I lugged along my snowboard kit.
Classy decor adorned the place and the wifi was excellent - not so in many other US hotels.
Thanks Hotel Vertigo for a lovely stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter V
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Peter V,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our Hotel Vertigo! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the warm hospitality from our team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.

P.S. - We hope you had a blast shredding the slopes! ;)

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Christmas Day after a long flight. Check in by Greg was super smooth. He was efficient and quick and very helpful. The rooms were very spacious and spotless with everything necessary to make our stay extremely comfortable. We would certainly consider staying here again in the future. Excellent position in Sutter Street. 10 minutes walk to Union Square. The rest of the staff were very friendly and smiling. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dawn568
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear dawn568,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and that the hospitality of our team shined through during your visit, especially from our dear Greg. We will be sure to share your comments with him. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I was at the Vertigo for 1 night, and arrived early morning. Despite the official check-in time at noon, George from reception was kind enough to set me up with a room at 10am. In addition, he was also helping me with getting to my meeting and getting a cab to the airport. The WIFI is great, and the location is excellent - 7 minute walk from Union square.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Eitanrav
HaiyiHotelsSF, Manager at Hotel Vertigo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Eitanrav,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Vertigo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the warm hospitality of our team shined through. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I've travelled quite a lot and my job involves travel booking for entertainment so I'm very familiar with a wide range of hotel experiences, what price will get what quality, local gems, etc. This was a place I was personally longing to stay at for a while and when I finally got the chance it was, to date, one of if not THE worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. My company doesn't even book here or any of the hotels associated with this chain anymore after my stay.

For the benefit of this review and not getting into a long monologue I will say the main downfalls are, in order: staff quality, room quality, location. I have stayed in places that had reputations for hotels and local being unfriendly or very cheap, dodgy places and still had great experiences. This hotel, which boasts quite a reputation on its website, had the most unprofessional, intentionally cruel staff I've ever come across. Specifically the front desk worker Christine (may be spelling it wrong) who to this day I suspect was a sociopath. The room I was put in was unclean with scratches, dents, holes and dirt around on the floors, walls and furniture. They wouldn't honour a prepaid booking for HOURS of negotiating, tried to stiff me after they had the full cost of the room already charged and deny me entry even though the contract agreement gave me the right away. But they held the key cards and were wielding what tiny power they had so what are you gonna do? There is no such thing as hospitality here.

They do almost nothing to live up to the reputation this building holds which is a damn shame. If you're interested in the pop culture aspect of the hotel just go into the lobby and look around because that's the extent that they've really dedicated to the memory of the film. The rooms and everywhere else are just ordinary, very depressing and sometimes dirty as mentioned.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo