Hotel Union Square
USD 589*
USD 226*
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 305*
USD 220*
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
USD 245*
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 268*
USD 219*
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 182*
USD 169*
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 343*
USD 279*
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 250*
USD 213*
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 274*
USD 247*
InterContinental
  • Room Service
USD 405*
USD 389*
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 337*
USD 267*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,958 results
All reviewscable cargreat locationunion squareboutique hotelpowell stbart stationcomplimentary winewine receptionwine hourstreet sidestreet noiseheart of san franciscojunior suitelight sleeperrooms are smallmoscone centermarket street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel was a little underwhelming to look at (clean however) but the staff more than made up for this, they were so friendly helpful and made me feel very welcome. They have a gathering at 5pm for an hour with complementary wine which gives the opportunity to meet lots of other guests staying at the hotel and lots of diverse interesting people.

Room Tip: I picked a room at the back of the hotel, which fair enough had a view of a brick wall but was very quiet through the night so got a decent nights sleep which with the time difference you need!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank singletraveller2012
Tony A, Manager at Hotel Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to share your wonderful compliments about your recent stay at Hotel Union Square. Guest’s like you are a pure pleasure for us to extend our hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to pampering you again on your next visit getaway.

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Our new year's eve celebration was hampered by our stay at this hotel. The website does not accurately depict anything in this hotel. The hallways smelled, yuck. The bathroom was grungy with disgusting window sills. Yes, it's an old property and, yes, the location is ideal. But, no, never again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank MarieSJC

I am so sorry to learn that your room did not meet your expectations. However, it may please you to know that we have many different styles and sizes of rooms and I am sure we have the perfect one for you.
I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your comments and I have already forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department heads to correct.
Please contact me directly next time you are planning to stay in San Francisco.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Union Square in early January of 2012. It was as was described, a small boutique hotel in the middle of Union Square. I was greeted in a friendly manner and check was smooth with my room ready even though I arrived early. I was helped to the room and all ammenities explained. The room was small, but that was as expected. The bathroom was spacious with the advantage of movement sensor lights. The room was fine for a solo traveller who would not be in the room for long. The room was on the fourth floor which meant a quick trip down stairs and a quick ride up in te elevator! All the staff were very helpful, particulalry the conceierge. The hotel was extremely well placed fro getting about and had plenty of restaurants well within safe walking distance. Good base for shopping! Right on the cable car line which was really handy. While others have complained that the hotel was noisy I did not find that this was the case. I would stay here again, but is travelling with another person would want a bigger room.

Room Tip: If travelling with another person ensure that the room is big enough.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank ontourAustralia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here for one night and checked in very late due to flight delays. The man at the desk was not all that friendly, and when I turned to see who was entering the lobby (it was nearly 1am) he abruptly asked what was wron, and if I was scared. I said I was not, and I was only curious to see who was standing at the door. A few minutes later, we had our room keys and were waiting on the elevator. The man entering the lobby told the man at the desk he was going to visit a friend and needed to use the elevator. The man at the desk verified with the occupant of the room a visitor was acceptable. Now, this seemed okay, except the man was giving off a very strange vibe. As luck had it, the room he wanted to visit was next to ours. I put it out of my mind, we settled into our comfortable bed in a surprisingly tiny, but well appointed, hotel room. We awoke in the dead of night with what sounded like a drag queen screaming very angrily obscenities about someone not bringing any money. It sounded like a proposition gone bad, and I was terrified. The screaming must have lasted close to 10 minutes. I was happy we were only staying one evening despite the great location, free wifi, and iPhone dock. I don't know if I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank StephK4
Reviewed 12 January 2012

After reading the reviews about how small the rooms were at Hotel Union Square on Trip Advisor, I must say I was feeling disappointed with my choice of hotel. However..... On arrival, we were offered an up grade for $40 a night. The receptionist stated the difference in square footage which meant nothing to me but we decided to go for it. WOW, the best decision eva! Our room was huge. It was clean and spacious with a contemporary feel. It had a big comfortable bed, flat screen tv, a sofa and chair, a chest of drawers, a small wardrobe and a desk! The bathroom was also spacious with a nice shower and complimentary toiletries.
The location was excellent, perfect for shopping. The tram stopped right outside the hotel to take you to China Town, Lombard Street and Fishermans Wharf. Bellini's just to the right of the hotel on the opposite side of the road was good for breakfast. There's a Starbucks close by too. Concierge were vey helpful, they recommended an amazing indian restaurant called New Delhi on Ellis Street. Its a few minutes walk away and well worth a visit. Free wi-fi was available at the hotel and complimentary tea and coffee on a morning and wine on an evening was on offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel. Ours was on the corner of Powell St and Ellis St so we had lots of windows! Its also worth upgrading, your on holiday, treat yourselves!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abisfab
Tony A, Manager at Hotel Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Hotel Union Square! We are happy that you enjoyed the room you were upgraded to. Your compliments are truly appreciated and I am sure my staff will be thrilled to hear about what a positive impact they had on helping you to enjoy your stay with us.
We would love the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay, the next time you visit our beautiful city. Thanks again for taking the time to share your wonderful review with others! It is guests like you that give us the passion to do what we do.