“Found a Keeper:)”

Ranked #102 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Beverly Hills, California
“Found a Keeper:)”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

In San Francisco there are just many hotels to choose from! It is quite a headache really. But not anymore thanks to Hotel UnionSquare(: It is just the most wonderful hotel and stay. Not only was the customer service wonderful they were very friendly and professional, the rooms were decorated well but most importantly the cleanliness was excellent, to top it all of the location of the hotel; is well perfect! The hotel location is ideal! For it is just right out side of Union Square, walking distance from the great mall, yet perfectly tucked back perfect distance away from the crowds!
It was a lovely stay....will most definitely be staying here again&again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hannah H
Tony A, Manager at Hotel Union Square, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Wow! What a great compliment to be considered your favorite hotel in San Francisco! The team at Hotel Union Square always strives to deliver the best guest service, and it is so great to hear that it was appreciated by you during your recent stay. I will be sure and share your kind note with everyone during our next meeting. I want you to know that it is guests like you that give us the passion to do what we do.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Hotel Union Square and we all truly appreciate the wonderful review.

With kindest regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Hebrew first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel was a little underwhelming to look at (clean however) but the staff more than made up for this, they were so friendly helpful and made me feel very welcome. They have a gathering at 5pm for an hour with complementary wine which gives the opportunity to meet lots of other guests staying at the hotel and lots of diverse interesting people.

Room Tip: I picked a room at the back of the hotel, which fair enough had a view of a brick wall but was very...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank singletraveller2012
Tony A, Manager at Hotel Union Square, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to share your wonderful compliments about your recent stay at Hotel Union Square. Guest’s like you are a pure pleasure for us to extend our hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to pampering you again on your next visit getaway.

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Laguna Beach
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Our new year's eve celebration was hampered by our stay at this hotel. The website does not accurately depict anything in this hotel. The hallways smelled, yuck. The bathroom was grungy with disgusting window sills. Yes, it's an old property and, yes, the location is ideal. But, no, never again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank MarieSJC
I am so sorry to learn that your room did not meet your expectations. However, it may please you to know that we have many different styles and sizes of rooms and I am sure we have the perfect one for you.
I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your comments and I have already forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department heads to correct.
Please contact me directly next time you are planning to stay in San Francisco.

Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Union Square in early January of 2012. It was as was described, a small boutique hotel in the middle of Union Square. I was greeted in a friendly manner and check was smooth with my room ready even though I arrived early. I was helped to the room and all ammenities explained. The room was small, but that was as expected. The bathroom was spacious with the advantage of movement sensor lights. The room was fine for a solo traveller who would not be in the room for long. The room was on the fourth floor which meant a quick trip down stairs and a quick ride up in te elevator! All the staff were very helpful, particulalry the conceierge. The hotel was extremely well placed fro getting about and had plenty of restaurants well within safe walking distance. Good base for shopping! Right on the cable car line which was really handy. While others have complained that the hotel was noisy I did not find that this was the case. I would stay here again, but is travelling with another person would want a bigger room.

Room Tip: If travelling with another person ensure that the room is big enough.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank ontourAustralia
Fort Worth
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here for one night and checked in very late due to flight delays. The man at the desk was not all that friendly, and when I turned to see who was entering the lobby (it was nearly 1am) he abruptly asked what was wron, and if I was scared. I said I was not, and I was only curious to see who was standing at the door. A few minutes later, we had our room keys and were waiting on the elevator. The man entering the lobby told the man at the desk he was going to visit a friend and needed to use the elevator. The man at the desk verified with the occupant of the room a visitor was acceptable. Now, this seemed okay, except the man was giving off a very strange vibe. As luck had it, the room he wanted to visit was next to ours. I put it out of my mind, we settled into our comfortable bed in a surprisingly tiny, but well appointed, hotel room. We awoke in the dead of night with what sounded like a drag queen screaming very angrily obscenities about someone not bringing any money. It sounded like a proposition gone bad, and I was terrified. The screaming must have lasted close to 10 minutes. I was happy we were only staying one evening despite the great location, free wifi, and iPhone dock. I don't know if I will be back.

• Stayed January 2012