Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 249
USD 223
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 287/night.

USD 502
USD 287
Official Site
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 390/night.

USD 303
USD 272
  • Pool
Hotel Zephyr(San Francisco)
USD 320
USD 301
  • Fitness centre
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 288
USD 240
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 286/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 331
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Free cancellation until 01/08
USD 344
USD 337
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
USD 331
USD 324
Priceline
USD 363
Priceline
3,869 results
All reviewsnob hilllaurel courtgingerbread housebeautiful hoteltower roompresidents clubtonga barrooftop gardenclassic hotelmain buildingwalk in closetroom servicegrace cathedralcable car linesbeautiful roomcoit towerunion square
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Standards of service fell short when compared with other Fairmont hotels. Problems were dealt with after email/direct contact but not the sort of service we have received at other Fairmont hotels. Generally disappointing.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
1  Thank Awrgh
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have been a loyal Fairmont customer for many years and have been a Fairmont President's Club Platinum member for years. I have stayed at Fairmonts all over the world. This property has THE WORST FRONT DESK service - EVER!!!!

My problem with this property started shortly after I booked it with a Fairmont agent via their toll free number for Platinum members. The agent who helped me book the stay was perfectly fine and he did a good job. However, the reservation required a full pre-payment as soon as you book it - no problem. I was told a certain amount and I expected it to come through my credit card right away. Well, it came through alright, but at a higher amount than what was agreed upon. I called the toll free number, explained the situation and the overcharge and I was told they made a mistake and will refund me the over charge. Ok, that's fine (even though I lost $ on the currency conversion, as the credit card companies always give a worse exchange rate for refunds than charges). I didn't make a fuss as it was not a lot of $ that I lost. Then, a few days before our arrival, that same amount that was refunded to me was charged to my cc again! I called and spoke with the hotel front office, explained the error. The lady said she would refund it and would have the manager (Maggie) call me to discuss compensation. Well, days went by and no refund and no call from the manager. I tried calling the hotel front office again and got voicemails. Couldn't talk to anyone. I finally found Maggie's email address. Sent her an email and she finally got back to me and agreed to correct their mistake, again, with a refund. I explained that this is the second time that it has happened and I have spent days trying to fix this and have lost more $ with all this currency conversion. I asked for compensation, twice, before she finally agreed to compensate me for the difference in currency exchange. I'm still waiting for that to come through my credit card. All this hassle was BEFORE I even got to the hotel!

Being a Platinum member, I am guaranteed early arrival and late checkout. I have never had any problems at any other Fairmont properties. I indicated at the time of booking that we would need an early check in at noon. Repeated it several times to the hotel prior to our arrival. We arrived at 12:30pm on the day of check in and were told that our room was not ready! I asked how long it would be? Lady at the front desk said "don't know"!! Apparently, my loyalty and Platinum membership means nothing to this Fairmont! She simply told me and my family that we can store our luggage with the bell desk and go off to do whatever and they'll text me when the room is ready!

When we finally got to our room, we were happy with it. I had used one of my upgrade certificates and we did get a very nice suite. It was large, clean and the beds were comfortable. I have no complaints about housekeeping. They do a fairly decent job cleaning the room. The mini bar though was a bit tacky - everything is "weighted". As soon as you lift anything up, it gets charged to your room, even if you don't consume it. I know other hotels do this too sometimes, but I personally find it tacky and certainly isn't done at too many other Fairmonts.

Our problem with the Front Desk didn't end with check in. When I went to check out today and tried to apply my eCertificates to our dining costs, I was told that I couldn't use the dining certificates on the Easter brunch! The front desk clerk said that the brunch was considered "a banquet" and so, the dining certificates cannot be used against that (this was never explained to me when I booked the brunch and honestly, I would not have booked the brunch if I had known that I couldn't use my dining certificates against it. The brunch cost USD $600 for 3 people!!! Ridiculously expensive but I booked it thinking that I could apply $250 against it). I asked to speak with the manager and it was Maggie again! She was adamant that she would not allow any dining certificates to be applied to the brunch. She did not seem to care at all that I am a loyal Fairmont guest and a Platinum member. Clearly, they don't need my business - that was her attitude! In the end, I had to pay for the whole thing and was not able to use any of my dining certificates!

I have never been treated so poorly by any staff at any Fairmonts around the world. The staff at the Front Desk of this particular property really did not care about their loyal customers. They have turned me off completely. I would NEVER return to this property. Their attitude at this front desk is not representative of the Fairmont brand. Perhaps Fairmont HQ should do something about the management at this property. If this was the first Fairmont that I have ever stayed at, it would have turned me off any other Fairmonts in the future. Poor customer service starts at the top and I now understand why I got such extremely poor service from the Front Desk - it's because their Manager, Maggie, does not care about her customers or their loyalty.

My nightmare didn't end with checking out. Even as I was heading to the airport, I got an email from the front desk stating they needed me to send them one of the certificates' codes again as they either lost it or copied it down wrong and then I saw another charge come through my cc, as they had calculated my total wrong!

Is there anything that this Front Office can do right?

I will NEVER stay at this property again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank IzzyEdmonton
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After arriving in San Francisco and spending our first night in a really shoddy hotel room, we made the move to the Fairmont on our second day. The hotel is fantastic. Excellent service, first class rooms and a general all round luxury stay.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We love classic hotels in the great cities of the world and the Fairmont SF is one.
Having stayed in many “modern”, such as The London Edition, hotels seemingly designed by people who do not actually like people. Darkened rooms, yellow lighting, no hooks, no closets etc but plenty of “ you should be grateful you got in” attitude, the Fairmont people are in the hospitality business. We had a reservation for dinner in the TONGA ROOM for my wife’s birthday. It was one of the most fun nights imaginable. A swinging band on a small boat in the middle of a Pacific Island Paradise and great food and crazy good libations all served with elan. Don’t pass it up. We also enjoyed a beautiful Easter Brunch in the serene Laurel Court. You see, a hotel that understands itself delivers an experience that rewards without showing the effort to be brilliant. Stay classy Fairmont SF.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The moment you walk into the Fairmont hotel atop Nob Hill. You are in a fantasy. The stunning lobby with its magnificent columns and exquisite ceilings take your breath away. Then you approach the front desk. There is a line, There are people sitting on their luggage. The staff has a poor attitude. Then back to the magnificent lobby. You are then let to your room via a dirty elevator. Once you get to your suite. Wait for it.. you open the door and are immediately let down. The Fairmont has been redecorated by a designer that should have his license taken away. The suite is Gray, gray, gray and did I mention gray. This once Beautiful hotel has been subjected to HD TV home swap gray. Then the service. luggage is late, the room service is terrible. The food dismal. Then you head down to the restaurants. Terrible service but eclipsed by the terrible food. Then there is the story of the Valet that parked my Rolls Royce and dented it and stole the hood ornament. All true. I reserved a suite for my mother, one for myself and then staff. Two guests from London had their suite, My assistant had her suite my mothers hair dresser had his and her makeup person had his. All the same story. All credit cards were charged for the rooms. The only card that was to be charged was mine. Yet all cards where charged for all rooms.. Weeks later still not corrected.

Room Tip: I would stay another place