“A 5 star "WOW" experience!!!”

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #110 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The highlight of a perfect vacation in SF was staying at the Sheraton Fisherman's Whaft.
Extremely friendly and professional service was a the norm with delightful , bright comfortable rooms!
Even after checking out the great service continued as we left an expensive sandal there. Lost and found kept us up to date with the searching results until the shoe was found!

And the beds.................perfect, probably the best night sleep I have ever had! They were so confortable they were hard to leave behind! Best brunch in town when comparing freshness and variety....with again, great service from the smiling hostess to the waiters.

I love this place and highly recommednd it, especially the romantic fire pits around the place, perfect for a late nite martini!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rarcadi
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Rarcadi, many thanks for the 5-star review and for your kind comments for our friendly and professional staff. I will most certainly pass on the kudo's to our team members and am pleased we were able to assist you with your lost and found item. Thanks for the recommendation and tip for enjoying a martini by our outdoor firepits. We look foward to your return visit and wish you and your family warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,242)

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The room was nice and clean. The bed was super comfortable. Loved the Starbucks coffee in the room and in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Jo_B, thanks for the review of our hotel and the 5-star rating for our service, cleanliness and location. I was pleased you enjoyed our comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and coffee service and we look forward to hosting your next visit to San Francisco. Take care and warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was a good location as I had a meeting around fisherman's wharf. With all the restaurants and shops within walking distance I felt like this was a stay not be missed. Seems like the hotel has gone major remodeling I felt like that have done a great job. This is more of a modern hotel with upgraded amenities. Their bed was extra comfortable and the service was second to none. The concierge, front desk to housekeeping made my stay enjoyable. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Vagabond4you, many thanks for the 5-star review of our staff service, sleep quality and location. I was pleased you found our service to be exceptional and that our concierge, desk and housekeeping staff left a great impression. I will most certainly pass on your kind comments and look forward to your next visit ... whether here on business or on vacation! Thanks again and warm regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Fairly good experience in the Fisherman's Wharf. Rooms are a little dated. Certainly not a bargain.
Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. I got up so quickly that I fainted. The staff wasn't the least bit concerned about my health, but only wanted to write a statement with "security". Parking is expensive. Asked for free wifi since we were renting a suite- took several minutes with managers, but they said finally said yes.
Not sure that I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Trippick-17, many thanks for your recent review of our hotel and for the 4-star rating of our location and hotel cleanliness. I do apologize you were disturbed by a smoke alarm ringing in your room that disturbed your sleep and that the security officer was not more empathetic to the event. I have passed on your comments to our security vendor and they have promised to review this with their team members. I hope you will visit again soon and encourage you to contact my office in advance of your next stay so we can provide for an upgrade on behalf of our staff. Thanks again for the visit and I wish you and your family warm regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel. It is a few blocks walk from Fisherman's Wharf where you can board ferries for Alcatraz. It is also an (uphill) walk to North Beach which has many great Italian cafes and restaurants. We really enjoyed walking through the neighborhoods nearby that had the typical San Francisco-style vintage townhomes. The hotel has been beautifully, recently renovated. The lobby is very modern and check-in is painless. They have a small full-service restaurant and also a walk-up counter with breakfast items and sandwiches for purchase. Everyone loves the outdoor seating areas facing the hotels alley thoroughfare. Each seating area has comfy sofas surrounding an ultra-modern firepit where multiple flames dance, keeping you warm on those breezy, cool San Francisco nights.
The rooms are little smaller, but nicely furnished, nice linens, flat-screen TVs. You can tell that this is an older hotel in places, but it is so cute, and so well done that it doesn't matter.
I find there's little to improve: don't be surprised by the $45/day parking (it's pricey everywhere, you're in the big city), the walk-up food counter and cafe is too crowded requiring waits, I prefer an included breakfast. If you require complete darkness for sleeping, you may not like the cheery and large roman shade covering your window -- there's cracks of light on the sides.
Overall, a fantastic place to stay, and I'd go here again. San Fran is COLD, even in the summer! Don't forget your coats and sweatshirts!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the hotel's entrance/alleyway might be loud.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Summergirl22

Dear Summergirl22, my thanks for the 4-star review of our hotel and for your kind comments on the experience. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach as well ... one of my most favorite neighborhoods in the city and only a few blocks away from our hotel. Thanks so much for the recommendation and we look forward to a return visit soon! Warm regards,