1,643 results
All reviews fisherman's wharf great location ghirardelli square breakfast buffet within walking distance valet parking two blocks cable car per day short walk would stay here again lombard street fitness center three nights the golden gate bridge coit tower public transportation
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

As other reviewers have noted, location is great by Fisherman’s wharf. Rooms are average and there is no dedicated elite member lounge.

Downside was check in - several reviews mention abrasive check in staff with poor customer service abilities. I can concur.

Like many SPGs I have been worried about the Marriott takeover (I’m 100 nights plus so Platinum Premier Elite Ambassador - which is sure a mouthful!) This is a Marriott tourist hotel, but there’s still no excuse for one of the rudest check in agents I’ve encountered in years.

This hotel is not cheap - I recommend that travellers spend a bit more. An extra $50-100 a night will move you back to professional courtesy in a higher quality hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear panaguy,Thank you for being a loyal Rewards member. I apologize for your poor experience with our Front Desk staff. I appreciate the feedback and will be reviewing it with our team members.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

My wife and I decided to add to our Rennsport Reunion trip and went out a few days early. Nice place with employees who really care about their jobs and do them well.

Found both bar and restaurant to be excellent. The concierge really knew his stuff and gave us really good advise on tours.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Clarkster1
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Clarkster1,
I am delighted you had a great stay with us and that our staff was able to impress you. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Check in was certainly not smooth due to computer problem. They were sold out the previous night and had difficulty having all the rooms ready. Rooms average for Marriott standards but it is certainly convenient to touristy stuff on the Pier. No concierge level for Marriott Elite but offered breakfast vouchers (only after I asked if they had a concierge lounge).

Room tip: Not a high rise hotel so views minimal. Stay close to elevator, could be a long walk
Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Kenneth O,

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and that you had challenges checking in. When the hotel is full, we have to wait until guests check out before we can get rooms ready. Very often, guests want to depart late to make the most of their last day in our city and arriving guests come in early to try the make the most of their first day in our city and that can create challenges at times. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The Marriott is in a great location with good facilities and friendly staff, only down side was that the rooms are small for a family and the air conditioning in the room was loud otherwise would of been a 5

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jason S
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Jason S,

Than you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to San Francisco. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the air conditioning unit in your room. I will have my Engineering staff look into the issue. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you and your family on your next visit to our city.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Stayed here for 1 night with a room facing the street. The Doorman's buddies showed up and kept us up until well past 1am. Room was meh...no great shakes. Good location is the only upshot.
For the price paid, should have been better and QUIETER!

Room tip: Not facing the street!
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank priest22

Dear priest22,

I apologize for the noise you experienced that disrupted your stay with us. We did have interior storm windows installed during our last renovation to improve temperature and sound proofing in our rooms. The windows still can be opened for fresh air, and perhaps one or both of the windows were open. Our entrance is not on the street, but is internal to our building. I am not sure what the source of the noise was in your room and would be interested in finding out more information so we can make future improvements. Feel free to reach out to us.