1,437 results
All reviews union square molton brown toiletries boutique hotel turn down service apple store deluxe room complimentary coffee per day small hotel front desk staff four seasons heart of san francisco wonderful hotel the location is perfect the financial district cable car fisherman's wharf
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Stayed here in June 2016. It is a smaller hotel compared to some others in the vicinity. Staff is very helpful and responsive. Room was good and reasonably equipped. The restaurant does not offer a buffer breakfast. Location is excellent being very close to Union Square

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ashrafi_Matcheswala, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Dear Dinesh9702,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Taj Campton Place. I am so pleased to note that you were happy with your stay and enjoyed the location, which is truly convenient for shopping and sight-seeing. Our team of associates are known to always go above and beyond while looking after our guests and we are really proud to have them on our team. We have noted your comments about the buffet breakfast, unfrtunately we do not have the space to have a buffet breakfast in our restaurant.

I am truly looking forward to your next stay with us, where I hope to meet with you personally.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I love this hotel. I have been going to Campton Place for many years and it is consistently a wonderful hotel. The staff is always friendly, professional, and helpful. The rooms are smaller but the beds have always been fabulous! Plus it's in a great location, right off Union Square.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank jlynneswitz

Dear jlynneswitz,

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I have stayed a various hotels in San Fran, but none comes close to this treasure. The service is impeccable. The rooms are comfortable. The location is unbeatable. The restaurant is a treat. A gallery dealer recommended this hotel to me on a business trip years ago, and I hate to stay anywhere else.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ashrafi_Matcheswala, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Pateem58,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Taj Campton Place. I am so pleased to note that you were happy with your stay and enjoyed the location, which is truly convenient for shopping and sight-seeing. I am so glad that you dined in our two star Michelin restaurant, which is a feast for one’s senses. Our team of associates always go above and beyond while looking after our guests and we are really proud to have them on our team.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

High class establishment with all of the amenities. Right at Union Square!(somewhat chaotic due to construction close by, but no impact of the hotel itself. Concierge extremely helpful with reservations of any kind.(Recommendations were awesome)

Date of stay: May 2016

Dear Homemaker1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Taj Campton Place. I am so pleased to note that you were happy with your stay and enjoyed the location, which is truly convenient for shopping and sight-seeing. The construction of the Apple store is now over and we are so pleased to have the newly opened Apple store in front of our hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

There's a lot wrong with this hotel and it starts as soon as you pull up and the gentleman tells you valet parking is $70/night (That's more than double any of the other hotels we stayed at).
He's up front about it and somewhat apologetic when he offers you to self park at a public parking lot a short distance from the hotel(Not my favorite after traveling so many hours so I did the valet).
They make a point of telling you more than once to give them 15min prior to getting your car. Guess what it's more like 25min.
You walk up to the desk and are greeted by someone who is clearly told to talk slowly and smile all the time.
He then tries to upsell you to the pay for internet faster plan.
After that he tries to get you to book their restaurants which apparently fill up fast.
I was starting to feel like I was in a time share sales pitch.

I know I'm starting to sound like the worlds biggest complainer but honestly I loved the last place we stayed at in Sonoma.
This hotel should not be booked by any couples or families just single business travelers.
The room literally has no storage for your suitcase just a cubby hole for hanging a jacket or suit.

The bathroom was not designed for couples.
Sliding glass doors might look nice but with the bathroom tiles there might as well be speakers into the next room.
The shower is an open concept which means you cannot shower when your partner is putting on makeup. The floor gets wet and the steam goes everywhere.
The walls are paper thin so you hear talking, showers and flushing toilets from the next room.
Location of the hotel is excellent.
You're right on Union Square, walking distance to shopping or restaurants and we took the 15min walk for breakfast at the Ferry Building.
To sum it up
Outrageous pricing for bad valet service
Paper thin walls
Room and bathroom not designed for couples
Great location.
(In case you read about construction in front of the hotel it's completed and down the street)

Room tip: If you're traveling alone the rooms are all fine
Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank wasntme58
Ashrafi_Matcheswala, General Manager at Taj Campton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear wasntme58,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Taj Campton Place. Although I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay at the hotel, your candid feedback allows me the opportunity as the General Manager to view the hotel from your perspective. It is only by seeing the hotel through the guests' eyes that we can truly improve on the product and the guest experience.