4,159 results
All reviews main building denny's restaurant second building great location beach street hollywood cafe cable car ghirardelli square around the corner fishermans wharf within walking distance f line two double beds stayed here for nights the golden gate bridge two blocks street noise
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel is well located close to Fisherman's Wharf and the cable car terminus. The hotel facilities are typically "Holiday Inn" -comfortable, clean , rooms large enough for 2 . The one dinner I had was reasonably priced , service a little slow, meal of good quality. The foyer gets a little crowded at times.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jangeoff
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I love the location! The rooms are a little small but they are clean. The hotel is well maintained and overall good value.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Webbexx
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at this property for 2 nights to during a recent trip and must say, i was neither surprised or truly let down. For the average traveler, this is a great hotel with a fantastic location, blocks away from the wharf, short walk to North Beach area & the Financial District. I can't brag too much about the hotel, it was clean but that's really about it. Decor seemed a bit outdated as well as some of the furnishings. The one thing that did disappoint me was the fact that they told me our room was in the "Priority Club" section of the hotel. At first thought I liked this idea and it did make me feel a bit more privileged but that soon went away as it was down the longest hotel corridor ever and was just a basic room. I felt that was a tad misleading. We did not take advantage of the room service or hotel dining as there are so many wonderful eateries and restaurants within walking distance. Staff was very friendly and efficient and the parking was decent (underground lot). I would probably stay here again, just not for an entire vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were staying in the second building on beach st which we actually preferred. Denny's restaurant was in the lobby and was great value for money and very convenient for breakfast. Rooms were clean, with a choice of pillow. Guest laundry was a bonus as well. It was only a short walk to either cable car turn around and pier 39 was only minutes away. Lack of fridge in the room was the only negative in what was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This Holiday Inn is well located for access to Fisherman’s Wharf, but it’s cheek-to-cheek with a dozen or so other hotels (including most of the big chains) so it has no real advantage here. It’s about 15 minutes walk into the city straight up Columbus, which takes you through the middle of “Little Italy”, as well as past the entrance to China Town. There’re plenty of bike hire places nearby, so you can cycle along the city waterfront, or go the other way for a fairly easy ride to the Golden Gate Bridge. It takes an hour or so to get to Sausalito (across the bridge), which is well worth the trip for lunch, then catch a ferry back with your bike (note: buy your ferry ticket from the vending machine well ahead of the ferry departure time as there were only two machines and many people trying to buy tickets).
Check-in at midday was tediously slow, and more often than not there was a line of people waiting at the check-in desk each time I walked through the lobby. My ground floor room was clean, reasonable sized, but dated and tired. It was fairly quiet, with a view of a wall, so no traffic noise.The furnishings were old, as was the big “box” TV, which had quite a limited number of channels. On a positive note fast, free WiFi was available throughout the hotel, which I’m not sure is normal or not for this area, although I did find it free in many of the surrounding bars.
For what I got I thought the room rate (which varied on a daily basis!) was very high. I’ll probably try somewhere else (in the same area) next time I’m in San Francisco.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo