Handlery Union Square Hotel
USD 576*
USD 226*
  • Pool
The Scarlet Huntington(San Francisco)
USD 300*
USD 279*
  • Restaurant
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 246*
USD 224*
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 275*
USD 252*
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 322*
USD 287*
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 248*
USD 213*
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 273*
USD 244*
USD 295*
USD 267*
Priceline
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 265*
USD 216*
Priceline
Orbitz.com
4,182 results
All reviewshistoric sectionunion squaredaily grill restaurantpremier sectiongreat locationpremier roombreakfast voucherso'farrell streetolder partcable carheated poolbreakfast was includedour honeymoontravel agenthop on hopstayed here for nightscentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great three nights @ the Handlery. Complimentary breakfast in the daily grill during our stay. Staff were all really helpful. Location was brill, within walking distance of Powell St station and the Bart to the airport. Enjoyed a drink or two in the bar and a couple down the road at Lefty O'Douls. (Amazing carvery) Loved San Francisco.

1  Thank slakes
HandleryHotelsMgr, Owner at Handlery Union Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear slakes,
Thanks for staying at the Handlery and I am glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast in the Daily Grill. Our guests love our central location to all the shops, theatres and cable cars and I am happy you found it convenient for your needs. Looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

First the pros: This hotel is in a great location, so much to see, do and sample in the Union square area. The restaurant (daily grill) attached the hotel offers a great breakfast. The room is a good size with a nice sitting area and the fridge came in handy.

The downside: This is the noisiest hotel I've ever been in. Our room was a 'premium king' which opened to the pool. This might be great for families but was not suited to a couple that might sleep in or want a pre dinner nap. Maybe it was the echo, or just the horrible screaming kids and parents that stayed while we were there but it was truly inescapable distraction. The hallways weren't much better, we heard every cart, staff member and 7am whistling patron walking near our room.

The $76 for 2 nights parking does not include tax. Just a word to the wise...

I realize it's an older building and these are complaints that can't be fixed readily but it is the sort of thing that would cause me to shell out additional coin for a newer hotel in the area.

1  Thank SalesGirl77

Dear SalesGirl77,
I appreciated your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We will do a better job with the children noise around the pool and thank you for bringing that to my attention. I am glad you enjoyed our location, the Daily Grill and our room size. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

First, booking directly through the hotel as it is cheaper than all the online services. We flew in and took the BART from the airport then walked a couple of blocks to the hotel. Getting to the hotel is easy. I'm not sure why the hotel doesn't use it as a selling point. I would. We checked in a couple of hours early. We expected to drop off our luggage and come back later but we were checked in right away. Check in took about two minutes. Our room was what we expected but was more comfortable and roomy than the pictures online depict. The bed was excellent. All the room amenities were as advertised. Free wireless was nice. The location is excellent. The MUNI and BART transit systems are minutes away or you can just walk. The Concierge will help you with anything you need. The complete staff was excellent. We went as sightseers and highly recommend The Handlery. We did our homework and it paid off.

Room Tip: My wife smokes so the balcony was great. We had a street side room and noise was not an issue.
3  Thank RU4Real_204

Dear RU4Real_204,
Welcome down from Canada and I was glad you had a great stay and found our location ideal. The balconies in our Premier Section are one of our unique features and we are the only downtown hotel that has them. We hope to have you come back and visit with us again. Thanks for choosing the Handlery.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

While my last two reviews on this hotel have been good, unfortunately this time I can't say that it was. Other than check-in, my stay wasn't all that great. While it was understood that I was booked into (and paid for) a large room in the historic wing, I was actually given a room the size of a "shoe box". I was also put into a section where a family had been split into a number of rooms and they insisted on running up and down the halls and slamming doors at all hours of the night/morning.

On my last day, I had arranged for a very late check out. When I rang to organise this the person on the phone was extremely rude even after I explained that I was willing to pay for the extra time.

When I checked out, I was waiting in the front of a line for over 15 mins to be served. During this time, my airport shuttle had turned up and was waiting for me. Noticing that I couldn't really wait any longer, one of the bellmen came over and had arranged for me to check out so I could get to the airport in time to make my international flight. There should be more than 2 people serving during peak check-in/check-out times.

As I said, I'm sorry that I couldn't give it a good review this time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yonkers_au

Dear Yonkers_au,
First, thank you for staying with us and my apologies that your recent stay was not as pleasant as your previous visits. I have followed up with our staff with regards to your comments to ensure your next visit is more in line with your previous stays. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

My assistant booked rooms here for my partners and I because SF was nearly sold out, and because the reviews were not bad. As I texted to her immediately upon my arrival in the room - never again. The hotel is super odd - you need to go up a flight of stairs (no elevator), across and open courtyard with a pool, then into another building, to get to the elevators to most rooms. The people a few doors down from me took full advantage of the medical marijuana laws in CA to keep the hall reeking like a dorm. The room was moderately clean, the bed not fully uncomfortable (although the pillows left a lot to be desired), and the location is convenient. Despite these facts, the three of us felt disdain for the property and would not return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AtlantaTraveler7740

Dear AtlantaTraveler7740,
I just recently read your experience at our hotel and my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I have followed up with the staff on your comments and should you return to San Francisco please contact me personally as I am sure we can meet your needs. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience.