Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 424
USD 325
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 334
  • Room Service
USD 301
USD 282
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 307
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 337
USD 301
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 212
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 284/night.

USD 446
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 357
5,230 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationapple storeclub roomtop floorfloor to ceiling windowsconcierge deskbay viewcoit towergreat shoppingfitness centercentral locationthe heart of the citycable carvalet parkingfisherman's wharfaround the corner
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was in San Francisco for a meeting at the Palace (a very storied, grand old hotel) and moved to the Grand Hyatt for the weekend. The contrast between the two could not be more pronounced. The Grand Hyatt is modern and chic (almost W in feel but not quite to that extreme). There isn't much of a lobby to speak of, the check-in area looks more like the checkout counter at a local Apple store; there is a living room-esque area off of the lobby with an electronic fireplace (it still looked comfortable), books on shelves, and some interesting, modern artwork and sculptures.

I was accommodated on a high floor but had a view of the city that wasn't the most appealing, and unfortunately I could hear the drone of the elevator banks nearby. The furniture in my room was a bit worn in places but I found the space to be otherwise very comfortable, the bed particularly so. The bathroom continued the modern feel of every other room and had a large walk-in shower, a bowl type sink, and what I can only describe as hip, bold colors.

The exercise room is almost at the every top of the hotel and this space has wonderful, sweeping views of the city. I could not help but get distracted during my workout with the view of skyscrapers at eye level and an equally beautiful view of the bay.

I did not dine in the hotel but there was a restaurant on the mezzanine level that seemed well attended for breakfast and dinner. There is also a Starbucks open during the morning hours in the lobby, but there was literally a dozen other Starbucks (as well as independent coffee shops, diners, restaurants) right outside the hotel doors. Being in Union Square, there is no lack of dining and shopping to be had as well as easy access to MUNI and other mass transit options.

I did not engage with many of the hotel staff, but those that I did chat with were friendly and personable.

I expect to return to San Francisco again, hopefully in the near future, and would definitely keep the Grand Hyatt on my list of properties to stay at.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
HyattSF_Manager, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for staying with us for the weekend. We are delighted you enjoyed the modern design and glad to hear you enjoyed the location and the Grand bed. The view from our fitness center is quite lovely to look at while jogging on a treadmill. We truly appreciate your business and keeping us on your list to stay when in San Francisco. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had a great stay at the Grand Hyatt. It's location is great. Smooth check-in, nice doormen, helpful housekeeping, and a laid back environment. My room was very clean and spacious. Way better than all the smaller, boutique hotels in the area. Plus, great views. It's the only location I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Wow! Thank you so much for the perfect score! It is great to hear your had a wonderful arrival experience and enjoyed your entire stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was our first time in San Francisco, and we had a great time. Admittedly being a little nervous, especially from what you see about SF on the news. The hotel was great and conveniently located to Union Square and the various modes of mass transit. The hotel was clean, and was available for early check-in as requested. The room was a comfortable size, though we spent little time at the property because we were always going somewhere. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed the location and had a lovely stay with us. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had a great stay at Grand Hyatt San Francisco. The location is great! I love the service and location here!!! I had breakfast at the hotel. The food was great and the service at the restaurant is OK

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattSF_Manager, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you enjoyed the location and had a good experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very nice place to stay in downtown San Francisco. Close to all major attractions and transportation. A little bit pricey, but worse it. I think from three major brands we have stayed during our California trip (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt), Hyatt is the best one.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words. Sounds like our hotel was perfect location for your recent visit. We are so glad to be the best brand among other hotels you have visited! We look forward to welcoming you back to any other Hyatt in the future!