1,280 results
All reviewsthe golden gate bridgelombard streetfisherman's wharfvan nessmake your own wafflesbridge viewthe breakfast areafree breakfastunderground parkingwithin walking distancetop flooryogurtghirardelli squarehard boiled eggswharf areabudget hotelmin walk
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Made a reservation for 3 nights but was unable to make it to SF because one of our members in our party got sick. The reservation clearly states "Cancellation Deadline: If you need to change or cancel this reservation, you may do so up until Thursday, Apr 5, 2018 before 4:00 PM hotel time. The reservation cannot be cancelled through email." If Im reading this correctly I had until the day off until 4 p.m. When I tried to cancel on the day of bright and early I was told that I was out of the 24 hour cancellation window so they were charging me one night. I spoke to the manager and she transferred me to Hotel Choice who then wanted me to contact the hotel manager. If I had known that there was a 24 hour cancellation I would have done so but the reservation clearly stated that I had up until 4:00 p.m. that day to cancel. Terrible customer service, rude manager, deceiving cancellation policy. Beware!!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
CIBTB_FOM, Manager at Comfort Inn by the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

The hotels cancel policy remains 24 hours before arrival - you must call the hotel by 4:00pm the day before your arrival date to cancel or make changes without penalty - Unless you reserved a non refundable discounted advance purchase in which case, the reservation can not be cancelled - We researched your reservation and found your reservation was beyond the cancellation deadline at the time you called the hotel, and our national customer service center -

Reviewed 2 April 2018

For me the hotel is located in a great spot. Only about 10 minute walk to Fisherman's Wharf, straight up the hill to Lombard Street attraction, and 2 major bus stops nearby. Each staff member I interacted with provided excellent service. Particularly liked the crew behind the check-in desk saying good morning/evening etc as I walked past.

For me, the breakfast left a bit to be desired but others seemed to be enjoying it. Room service is some kind of delivery service rather than prepared at the hotel. My room was quite spacious. I didn't sleep well in the bed but that is more down to my preferences and how soft the pillows were. That said, I also didn't ask if they had any firmer pillows so I can't complain.

I'd be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Troy P
CIBTB_FOM, Manager at Comfort Inn by the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you - We appreciate your valuable feedback - We shared your review with our hard working team members, whom enjoyed reading your comments - Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel. Decent beds. .9 mile walk to wharf, or short uber ride. Safe neighborhood. Most affordable hotel in the area. Standard free breakfast fare. Helpful desk associates. Kind of a shaky elevator.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Travelinman721
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This hotel is on Van Ness ave/Lombard st almost to the northwestern edge of downtown SFO. one can see the golden gate bridge from the upper floor windows of this hotel, but it is not within walking distance. The hotel’s entrance is on Van Ness and the garage entrance is on Lombard.
When I checked in , the lady at the front desk was nice and was very efficient at her work, but never smiled throughout the time I was there..not a good way to welcome anyone to the hotel. I felt like a scared little kid in the Principal’s room.
The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The easy chairs were a nice thing to sit back and relax. There was a revolving chair and desk space for doing table work, like working on your laptop, etc. There was a thermostat in the room for temp. control. TV was good and had 56 channels to choose from. Wi-fi was available and worked well in the room. There was also a coffee maker that I didn’t use as they had coffee available all day in the breakfast area.
The room also had an iron, ironing board, and a drying rack.
However, there was no fridge and no microwave. I had to get ice from the ice machine (on the same floor). The room was not noise proof enough so much so that I could clearly hear the traffic noise from the road 7 floors below, especially trucks and motorcycle noise, and also could hear people talking in the hallway.
They had a free daily newspaper.
The free breakfast was the typical continental breakfast: eggs, sausage, bread, bagels, necessary condiments, muffins, some fruits, juice, coffee , tea; also you could make your own waffles. It was nice to have the free breakfast before heading out…
The hotel also has a parking garage, but charges $30.00 a night. I noticed that it was empty.I believe they should provide free parking to hotel guests.
Overall, I enjoyed staying there and also liked the breakfast..the sad part was the road noise.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 473bn
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We chose this hotel based on location, it is a safe easy walk to Fishermans Wharf. The views from the room were breathtaking, that is worth everthing in itself. The hotel itself is very very busy. It is kept clean, the room we were in needs so refurbishment, it is kind of run down in the room and halls. The beds are not the most comfortable, the mattresses need replaced with a better one. You can feel the springs. The bathrooms downstairs are kept locked so if you check out you have to ask for a key to the restroom, which gets old. The doors are locked at night which is a great security measure. The hotel staff is not overly friendly but they do get you what you need. The breakfast area is expansive but very busy. They do have plenty of seating, though. It is a great price for the area and there are a few restaurants right around the hotel. Take heed, if you have a vehicle they do charge an extra 28.00 to park in their garage If in the area I would stay here again, just for the location and the price.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family