Super 8 San Francisco/Union Square Area
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 426*
USD 376*
  • Room Service
USD 404*
USD 205*
  • Pool
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 257*
USD 244*
  • Restaurant
Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 197*
  • Pool
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 246*
USD 223*
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 264*
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
USD 488*
  • Fitness centre
USD 629*
USD 540*
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfasthot waterplace to sleepclean roomsheart of downtownbart stationcomfy bedcable carsfcars
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I ended up here after my hostel was booked solid, and I couldn't get a room. I walked in, and judging by other reviews on here, I got gouged big time. But whatever, it was way better than the hostel. This was just an average Super 8, nothing outstanding. The only thing which I want to comment on is the breakfast. I really liked the selection and variety they had. It was actually the best breakfast of my whole vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank annejohnson10
PatelVik16, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 San Francisco/Union Square Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us! We are really glad that you liked the breakfast! We try to provide the best for our guests.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Close to shops, Union square and all transport , but the area is not so good after dark. Place is tired and poorly maintained which detracts from pretty good basics. However sheets were clean and bathroom good. Breakfast OK , bagels, cereal, juice and pastries.
The price justifies the stay. Some rooms appear to be better than others. Maybe some have been refurbished

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank deebee_12

Thank you for staying with us.
We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.
Our hotel is built small from the beginning and we cannot make it bigger because we do not have any more space. Most of the hotels like ours are very old, no one has enough room. We apologize for this.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed here for a night and my boyfriend came home with 22 red splotchy bites on his arms and torso. I didn't have any but maybe I wasn't showing signs. After researching on the internet back home, we suspect bedbugs due to the tell-tale bite pattern as well as the size and color of the bites. I had to wash all of my things, clean my house, vacuum the floor, treat the carpets and treat the luggage, hopefully we did not bring home any. If I did bring them home then I will have to pay a lot of money to rid my house of them. The room we were in was 401 so avoid that room.

Room Tip: Not 401, bedbugs in there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bryanna L

Thank you for staying with us. Your boyfriend might have gotten those spots from somewhere else because we make sure our beds do not have any bed bugs. Our maids make sure of it. If there were bed bugs in our beds, you would have gotten those bites as well. We keep everything 100% clean.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

In a good location for shopping.
Hotel is basic .theres a free continental breakfast ,you can make toast or bagels and there's cereal and fruit and cakes.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dee0072000

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast:)
see you soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is an older hotel, so if a little worn look bothers you or if you're fussy about things that don't really matter, skip it. However if you'd rather use your money for good meals or other SF delights and want a basic, clean, quiet (street noise doesn't count-you are downtown!), room with a good bed, good bathroom and excellent staff, then this is a great place for you. The location is fantastic, close to SF great mass transit, a short walk to the BART for easy transportation to the airport, etc. Keep in mind the great price and you will have a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BHWarch

Thank you so much for staying with us! We really appreciate you understanding that we are located in downtown and there will be noise at night because it is a popular city.
Hope to see you soon ! :)