4,056 results
All reviews anzu restaurant imperial floor petite queen imperial club union square health club indoor pool per night fitness center an upgrade tenderloin business center homeless people mini bar cable car market street upon check
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

My family and I had a marvelous stay at the Hotel Nikko back in May, and we are so eager to return someday in the future.

The hotel is located in a very convenient location - a short walk away from a few different public transit options. We didn’t have a car all weekend so this was perfect for us. The outside is kind of nondescript but the interior is very open and well-appointed. We stayed in an Imperial floor room with 2 queen beds - spacious layout, HUGE bathroom, and we could even see the Golden Gate Bridge (from afar) from our window! We didn’t stay in the room too much since our priorities were sightseeing, but it was lovely to come back from a long day of exploring and enjoy the ambiance from the nightly turndown service. Access to the Imperial floor continental breakfast room was a great perk for our kids, who are always hungry first thing in the morning.

Our favorite part by far, however, was the breakfast buffet. Because Nikko is a Japanese owned hotel, the breakfast buffet offered a unique fusion of choices - including some traditional Japanese breakfast options, and everything provided was high quality and delicious. We would probably return just for the food alone, but I should also acknowledge that service was always kind, attentive, while still being unobtrusive.

To cap this review off, I have a short story to share - my 4 year old daughter lost a bag containing her most precious and irreplaceable stuffed animals during one of our jaunts around town (don’t worry - there is a happy ending and we were able to get it mailed back to us after we left town!). As you can imagine, she was absolutely beside herself - luckily, she had grown acquainted with the stuffed Buster toy who lived in our room and needless to say, Buster was officially adopted into our family the last day of our visit. She still comments that we should bring Buster back to Hotel Nikko every May so he can see his old home :). Hopefully we can make that happen one of these days!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Phyllis S
Anna Marie P, General Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Phyllis,

What a pleasure it is to read that you and your family enjoyed our central location, comfortable beds and delicious Japanese buffet!

Please let your daughter know that we agree - Buster would be VERY excited to come back every May to visit his home! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Anna Marie Presutti, GM
Hotel Nikko San Francisco

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We stayed here for three nights and had a wonderful time. The staff are all very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The lady at check in (sorry I can't remember her name) went out of her way to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction. We had a lovely large room with a wonderful view over the city. Excellent coffee and other modern amenities in the room. The first time we flushed the toilet it broke :-( but is was fixed within a few minutes of us contacting reception to report the problem.The little stuffed toy puppy on the bed was a nice homely touch. When we were looking to book the hotel we noticed the comments in other reviews about homeless people in the area and yes we saw quite a lot of them everywhere in San Francisco (and the rest of California) but we found them to be harmless and minding their own business, this has not put us off from staying a this hotel again. The hotel is centrally located and you can walk to most tourist attractions and you definitely won't need car to explore SF. I highly recommend a trip to Alcatraz and a ride on the cable car!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Runold
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Been here for one night after traveling in California for a month and a half. From the moment I got here I felt that they are just trying to get out more money from me. I checked in 12 but they said that check in is at 3. So they asked 30 dollar for an early check in. You want to use the pool and spa? No problem, pay 25 dollar. Laundry service? You just miss it, but you can pay 15% more and we will give it to you.
Don’t get me wrong, The hotel is amazing: room are nice, pool and gym and in good locution, but I felt that all they care about is where and how they can take more money of me. Good think we have TripAdvisor for that. There are many good hotels in the area that will let you check in early and will give you breakfast with no extra charge

Stayed: September 2018
4  Thank Eranse

Dear 878erans,

Thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback for us. Although I'm happy to read you enjoyed the hotel, I'm sorry that you weren't pleased with the pricing. If you choose to return, I recommend staying on our Imperial Floor. This floor includes all the amenities you mentioned and would perhaps fit your needs much better.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Anna Marie Presutti, GM
Hotel Nikko San Francisco

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We stayed in this Japanese (owned and operated) hotel during our 4 nights trip to San Francisco this last July. After reading lots of good reviews and noticing its high rate on all travel sites, I specifically chose this hotel for its location next to Union Square and for its covered pool. I directly contacted the hotel 3 months before our arrival date and made the required reservation. The booking procedure was smooth and swift. Upon arrival me, my wife and our 5 years old little girl were not disappointed at all as our expectations were met. A huge building with a beautiful architecture wonderfully decorated from the inside especially the high ceiling lobby. The staff (Japanese almost all of them) were so nice, polite and helpful. Our check in process was quick without any problem. We were booked in a double queen beds room on a high floor. Our room was spacious and illuminated as it had a glass wall over viewing the neighborhood. The bathroom was great too as it had both tub and shower cabin. The modern tech touch was obvious. We had a tablet in the room which you can use for all your requirements and needs. Plugs everywhere. Touch light buttons. You will not have to hang the don't disturb/housekeeping card on your door. Instead you will only touch the required button then a red or green light will show at your door room from the outside. Beds and pillows quality were premium. The room was fully equipped(tea/coffee machine, LCD TV, ironing board/machine, hairdryer etc...). Our package included breakfast so we had the opportunity to try the wonderful buffet at ANZU. The buffet is divided in two sections. One for Japanese food and the other is intercontinental. Very rich, diverse and fulfilling buffet. And the taste/quality of offered food was great too. You may also ask the waiter for pancakes, eggs any style to be prepared for you. Tea/coffee in abundance. I must mention here a special waiter (Japanese man) unfortunately I don't recall his name who made every breakfast we had memorable. He was always smiling, cheerful, friendly, quick and helpful. This guy is a treasure for the establishment. The best part in our stay was the indoor pool which our daughter adored. Water temperature was impeccable. The glass roof/ceiling on top was beautiful. We also enjoyed the Jacuzzi pool. Next to the pool they have an amazing gym fully equipped so you can train as if you were at the gym back in your country. The cherry on top was Starbucks on the ground level of the hotel. The hotel is centrally located two minutes walking to Union Square. OK there are homeless on the streets and they don't give you the safety feeling you need especially at night but this is the problem of the city and several other cities in the States and worldwide. The only downside of this hotel for us was the price. We paid around 650$/night. I understand that San Francisco is the most expensive state concerning housing but still 650$/night is too much for a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank OsmanB511
Reviewed 29 September 2018

If this hotel were 1-2 blocks more away from the Tenderloin district I would give it a 5, but I was here for two nights out of four by myself and did not feel very comfortable venturing out by myself due to all the homeless/high men hanging out right on the block. I travel to both Asia and Europe by myself so am not a timid traveler but when I feel this way I believe that it is legitimate concern. The room was small but lovely and the staff could not have been nicer. Excellent proximity to Union Square and Market St. Best gym!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business