Got a terrific rate on this fine hotel, and enjoyed our long weekend stay immensely. Room was nicely sized. clean and beautifully decorated, with a comfortable (requested) King -sized bed with great pillows. Fine quality overall, made all the more enjoyable given the price and location.
Short walk to Chinatown, Union Square, Grace Cathedral. Next door to the Top of the Mark (for high afternoon tea or drinks) and across the street from the Fairmont's Tonga Room. Cable cars at your doorstep (North Beach restaurants are a reasonable downhill walk, nice cable car ride uphill "home"). Service was great.
Did hear the cable cars a bit (we were on the "outside", but not on the street side), but didn't bother us. TV great, chair lacked supportive padding. In room coffee great, room service and minibar prices borderline outrageous (no nearby cafe's or breakfast spots that we noticed). Shower water pressure weak, and shower head low. Didn't use the on-site bar/restaurant (looked attractive).
Having stayed on Union Square and near Fisherman's Wharf, I would come back to this Nob Hill location and recommend it highly to all, if the price is/stays right for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance