3,268 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows moscone center howard street luce restaurant the club lounge union square corner room south of market modern hotel mark hopkins mini bar high floor concierge staff attending a conference junior suite an upgrade few blocks
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Certainly the location alone makes this a top convention hotel, but I stay here whether attending a conference or just doing business in the City. This property consistently delivers a great experience. The food is very good, the rooms are very nice with comfortable bedding that invites sleep, and the staff is professional, courteous and welcoming. Every interaction is pleasant and warm. If possible, pay for a room that provides access to the Club Lounge. The food offerings are expansive with a number of items to choose from for both breakfast and evening light dinner. That and the full bar make this a worthy investment. The property is nearly 10 years old and now runs like a well oiled machine, and in a very good way!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SouBru
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Visited San Francisco for a long weekend to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Had a great stay at Intercontinental Howard St. modern hotel located in the SOMA area. Walking distance to all we wanted to see such as Union Square, North Beach and Chinatown. Was upgraded to nice corner room. Clean and spacious. Fantastic concierge, Bill Sutton, assisted us every day with itinerary plans. He had fantastic suggestions of things to see and places to eat and provided us with maps, directions and helpful tips. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay but if we return we may try the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins because it was a closer to the things we wanted do.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017

This is a confusing hotel to rate. More on this later. We stayed in a Junior Suite with two double beds, which is a spacious corner room.

On the one hand, our room was spacious with a breathtaking of San Francisco, with floor to ceiling windows wrapping around the entire corner room, and even the bathroom. The location was good with a plethora or restaurants, shopping, museums, and easy access to transit. The indoor pool was a nice bonus and a rarity, especially in San Francisco. The on-site restaurant is a one Michelin star establishment. The food didn’t blow me away, and it felt a little surreal and weird that my wife and I were literally the only ones dining there at 6 on a Friday evening, but food was solid and the service was good.

On the other hand, we immediately noticed a musty smell upon entering our room. It wasn’t overpowering, but it was definitely present. The room decor was also on the sterile and ordinary side, especially for a hotel of this class. Overall, the room was clean but the drapes and walls had some stains.

The hotel staff seemed fine and pleasant but the door and valet staff were not especially friendly or engaging. To be clear, they didn’t do anything wrong, but you’d expect a little more than just ordinary service for a hotel of this class.

Overall, Intercontinental San Francisco struck me as just a satisfactory and rather ordinary corporate hotel that aspires to be a 5 star category hotel but ends up being more like a typical 4 star hotel. It lacks personalized, attentive service and is somewhat characterless and soulless. If you can get a decent 4-star level price for a room, I wouldn’t hesistate to recommend this hotel as it has a lot going for it. However, I wouldn’t pay 5 star rates, as there are better options.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Normally i would always recommend intercontinental hotels but not in san fran. I stayed at a crowne plaza that gave better service than this. Room is standard and needs updating. Ask if i was able to get an upgrade as i and a platinum member was told no because the hotel was fully booked even though i could still book a room online. I am ok with them saying no but you dont have to be rude about it. The location is good. Close to shops and tourist attractions. The concerige was however really helpful. My partner was unwell and need a hot water bottle filled with hotwater as therr was no kettle in the room. The gentlemen went out of his way to do this. It was the only good thing about my stay here.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tam L
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Hi Tam L,

Thank you for your stay and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy you chose our property for you lodging needs and elated to learn you appreciated the hospitality rendered by our hotel staff regarding the need for hot water as well as our helpful concierge. As our Platinum Elite member, you are our most important guest and we always delight our guests with our impeccable services and accommodation. However, I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced especially with the matter concerning the room and upgrade benefit of your status. I am sorry the help rendered by one of our staff at the front desk was less than stellar, as it is always our goal to ensure that all of our guest's needs are attended to or well taken cared of. I have taken note of your valuable comments and the management will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback as this is extremely crucial to help us achieve our goal to provide the perfect hotel experience. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Was looking forward to staying here again, but sadly in my opinion the hotel has gone downhill. I reserved a corner room on a high floor, but most of the high floors were taken, so I had to settle for a floor that wasn't as high up as I had hoped.

When I checked into the room, I noticed that the drapes were older and torn and the windows were dirty and I just didn't care for the room. So I walked downstairs to see about getting another room with a better view. The front desk attendant was very kind and gave me another room which was much nicer.

When you book your room just be aware there are numerous other hotel fees, including city fees which of course the hotel cannot avoid, but I felt I was nickel and dimed at every corner. As a guest of the hotel parking is $57.00 a day or $62.00 if you have a larger vehicle. In addition, the city has a parking fee on top of that. A bottle of water in your room is $8.00, a glass of wine is aprox. $18.00..you get my point. Anyway, needless to say, probably won't return here anytime soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank davidsantacruz
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hello davidsantacruz,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at InterContinental Hotels San Francisco, CA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding front desk service.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room cleanliness and parking arrangement. We will look into these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando