I stayed at the hotel for a week while attending the American College of Sports Medicine meeting. I paid $165 per night through Priceline, which was good considering that it was 50 yards from the meeting. The hotel is close to Mosconi and San Francisco shopping. It is within walking distance of the Powell street cable car and Chinatown.
The rooms were very nice. They had a first-class health club and an indoor swimming pool. The rooms were comfortable and had a large TV and minibar. The service was excellent. The parking was pricey but typical for San Francisco.
The hotel is on 4th and Howard. Be careful if you walk toward 5th street. I grew up in San Francisco. Howard was the bad section of town in the 60s and 70s. Things have changed but it could be dangerous west of 4th.
I highly recommend this hotel— particularly if you can get a good deal on the Internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental