This hotel is exactly what it seems like, a premium-priced, high-quality service hotel in San Francisco. It's south of Market and everything you want in the city is ultimately a pretty easy walk from here.
It's especially convenient to Moscone Center, and I think it makes a better base than the W (full of Wouchebags) or the St Regis, which has no easily accessible ground floor cafe for casual meetings or coffee. I also like it more than the Marriott, but that's just my personal tastes. (It's newer and a little more minimalist in style, and there are fewer street people right out front -- just a nicer block).
It is pricey, and paying $16/day for wifi makes me want to scream, but that's what you get with expense account hotels. Rooms are clean and well appointed, good TV, good Internet access (I think wired or wireless -- I just used wifi), and very attentive helpful staff (the amount of stuff I've had delivered here or made them store is, well, a lot.) The cafe is very good, and they don't mind if you just get coffee, which is good, because most of my convention experience is just that. I've held a couple of small events here and found the price pretty reasonable for SF, and the catering staff, etc. was excellent.
Protip: If you don't want to drop $28 on the hotel breakfast, the little deli across the street is quite good -- better than it looks -- if you just want a breakfast sandwich or bagel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental