If you're looking for a smart, modern hotel in downtown San Francisco, with easy access to transport options - this could be the place for you.
It's pricey, especially if you add on the extravagant extras for internet, phone calls and breakfast. And, of course, tax! But in a city which is a magnet for conventions and incentive travel, rates can shoot up and down to match demand.
Getting locked into a high advanced purchase (no refund on cancellation) can be a gamble, as these rates can be artificially high - only to drop closer to the date to fill the hotel, so that you end up paying far more than the flexible rate ruling on the arrival day. But that's not unique to this hotel.
Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms bright and comfortable. The immediate area is OK but far from the best: you might not want to venture further South of Market when the streets are empty. Powell BART station is only a couple of blocks north, on Market - so transport to and from the airport is easy for those without too much baggage.
Powell is also a MUNI station, so you can get around town quite easily. Bloomingdales is in the large shopping mall between the hotel and Market street, and you can walk quite comfortably along Market street to the Embarcadero Ferry Terminal market/shopping/eating area. Walking the other direction the atmosphere deteriorates quickly. Crssing Market you are within easy reach of Union Square and (a little further) Chinatown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental