InterContinental San Francisco
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 426*
USD 376*
  • Room Service
USD 407*
USD 205*
  • Pool
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 257*
USD 244*
  • Restaurant
Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 232*
USD 220*
  • Pool
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
USD 488*
USD 256*
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 264*
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 218*
USD 295*
USD 226*
  • Fitness centre
3,128 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsmoscone centerhoward streetluce restaurantthe club loungeunion squarecorner roomsouth of marketmodern hotelmark hopkinsmini barconcierge staffhigh floorattending a conferencejunior suitean upgradefew blocks
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I spent the long weekend presenting workshops at the San Francisco Writer's Conference which took place at the Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill. At the last minute, my husband and I decided to spend the night downtown instead of going back and forth to our home in Monterey Heights. We were matched to the Intercontinental by Hotwire. It was fantastic! The room was luxurious, well designed, beautifully appointed. The bathroom was spotless and had fabulous, organic amenities. The best thing of all is that the whole hotel is LEED gold certified - which means that they use only green cleaning products - so the place is good if you have any sort of chemical sensitivity. Room service arrived in the morning with HOT coffee - the whole stay - perfect!

Room Tip: I am not sure, but I think all rooms have a beautiful view of the bay and downtown.
1  Thank joan g
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a nice stay at the InterContinental on two different occasions this month. I'm surprised to read that others were disappointed with the service, because that was clearly the best part of our stay. Staff was very accommodating, giving us an upgrade on our room and the view we requested. We rented a car through the hotel and the concierge staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but clearly for us great service made our stay a pleasant one. The fitness center is great, particularly the lap pool and the jacuzzi. The restaurant is very good, with friendly service. It's a good hotel for business travelers who want no fuss, comfortable accomodations, in particular those attending conferences at the Moscone Center next door.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great bar, fitness center was sweet - rooms were clean and modern. Location was great - right off union square. Perfect spot for business travelers.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I am staying here as the home base for a meeting at the Moscone convention center. The meeting sponsors are paying for my stay so my comments are unbiased on that score. However, the ICON has clearly undergone some changes since I stayed here last year. The check in process was slow and the front desk staff was rude [all three of them] to those being checked in- very obviously they aren't feelin' the love for their customers. Then there is te room- the towels in the bathroom are thin and scratchy, the room service is slow, with no water provided with any meal. As for trying to order food, I tried to call room service 10 times over the space of an hour and a half and no one EVER picked up the line- I even left a message and no one called back. I never did get breakfast. This is a disappoinment since the last time I stayed here I thought this was a great hotel, but it's been downgraded. Over the past 18 months I have come to San Francisco once a month and stayed at multiple other hotels so this is a direct comparison with hotels like the Fairmont, Omni, Huntington, Ritz etc. and it isn't a good thing. Even the Hyatt Embarcadero was better than this stay at the ICON.

Room Tip: aks for an uppper floor and a room with 2 beds, otherwise the rooms are tiny
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hate this hotel. Off the beaten path. Once you do get there nothing spectacular. But the ringer is the inept service. One day into a weekend stay after a long day on the prowl, returned to discover our key card locked out. My husband went to the desk for new keys but as the reservation wasn't under his name they wouldn't help him without me. Front desk calls the room...which I am outside of in the hall locked out...to confirm the situation. Long story short, I went to the desk, 2 new keys...neither work. Now security involved. More 'identity confirmation'. Ridiculous. Will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012