“Relaxing venue in sculpture garden”
Review of de Young Cafe

de Young Cafe
Ranked #378 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Golden Gate Park
Neighbourhood: Golden Gate Park
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Great place to relax and eat after the museum. Sat in the sculpture garden on a glorious sunny day. Good food - the crab frittata and the quiche were both very good. Very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We were starved after a long drive in the morning and were pleased to see that we could have a nice lunch at the de Young Cafe prior to our visit. Choices were not extensive, and candidly, a bit pricey for a city with so many amazing culinary choices, but we stayed and had a delicious lunch. My husband had cerviche which was generous and delicious. I had the Pozole Verde which was sublime with lots of tang from the chiles and a nice clean flavor with the hominy. So inspired I am putting it on my list of things to cook! The environment at the Cafe is casual and beautiful with options to sit either inside or out. Did I mention the flowers were gorgeous too?

Thank Q. C
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The chef's menu is closing down at 3:30 pm so you get stuck with the pre prap salads at the self service counter. Not a bad option, but if I got to be there at 3:27, I was lucky to just order what was on the a la carte menu, so quickly quickly - I had the chicken something something. Which was a spicy chicken top on a mountain of tortilla chips and on a huge underneathed slice of sossy bread. Cult atmosphere, eclectic - as it should be in a museum caffereria, sunny outdoor terrase (we're in sunny SF, right?) and plenty of interesting things to see in the museum of de Young. Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This cafeteria-style facility offers a nice respite when your feet get tired and your tummy gets hungry. Nice pastries for a coffee break and good offerings for lunch. One of us had the quinoa salad, while the other tried the smoked salmon on a bagel. Shared a brownie for a chocolate high.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

After visiting De Young Museum I enjoyed some rest on the terrace. Cafeteria style service with average quality food.