“Very pleasant hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. Room was spacious, comfortable, clean and well equipped. Good location for exploring and public transport links. The rooftop garden was good for pre dinner drinks and getting a different view of the city.

Room Tip: WE were on 10th floor which had significant air con noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here while on business this past week and had a wonderful experience. I originally booked at the sister hotel up Bush street a couple of blocks. When I called to change to the Orchard Garden they made the change quickly after explaining the slight increase in rates (I think because it is a newer hotel in a slightly more desirable location). I had a small issue with my room safe not working but they replaced it very quickly. I also had a small problem with the fitness room. The treadmill did not appear to be working so I hit the power switch and the TV turned off, then neither would power back up. All was okay the next day. Customer service and management were great, particularly Thomas, Blue, and Quinn. On the day I checked out they had and Earth day celebration with Parducci wines and hors' douvres and raffles. Enjoyed wine on the roof top garden. And they are planting a tree for every review left on Trip Advisor!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Sharonjaz
Austin, TX
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I got a room at the Orchard Garden because our regular company suggested hotel was full. THe experience was wonderful. The hotel is spotlessly clean. The staff is friendly and accomodating with out being fake or annoying. The rooms are comfortable and the bathroom was enormous. I loved having so much room to get ready in the mornings. The bed was amazingly luxurious. The best thing ever was the Low-Carb breakfast option in the Roots restaurant downstairs. I don't eat wheat and it is always a challenge to find tasty breakfasts without a lot of substitutions and such. This was such a yummy breakfast. Arugula salad with grilled Tomatoes, eggs any style and bacon or sausage. DELICIOUS. and only 10 dollars! I will go there for breakfast even if I am not staying at the hotel. Lovely experience and I will definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robin A
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I picked Orchard Garden for our family vacation for the location (and positive reviews on Trip Advisor, of course!) I wanted my kids to experience the 'real' SF, rather than the purely touristy feel of Fisherman's Wharf. It was a good choice. Location is ideal... easy walking distance to Chinatown and Union Square (where we caught the cable car for an afternoon in Fisherman's Wharf). The hotel staff was friendly. Room size was adequate. Our room was very clean, fresh and unusually quiet. We didn't hear any noise from the hallway or our neighbors. We enjoyed breakfast in the hotel restaurant, Roots. The menu is pretty limited, but the food was delicious and, bonus, organic. One oddity -- the only vent in the bathroom was directly into the bedroom. As a result, the steam from the shower lingered and even fogged the bedroom windows. I would stay here again on either business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PiperMeadow
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Full disclosure, I'm not staying here but the rooftop terrace is something to beheld. Grab a drink from the bar and come up here.

The staff here are magnificent, I spend around 100 nights a year in hotels and I can spot gems when I see them. These guys clearly know how to have service without diminishing their personality.

• Stayed May 2011