“Good dishes; pork quite pink!”
Review of Nopa

Nopa
Reserve with OpenTable
Nopa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 6,003 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hayes
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Cool-looking, happening place. Waiter was very helpful as we chose our dishes, even talking us down to two small plates and one large (with veggie side). My wife's small plate ("something with beet hummus and chickpeas" - we forget the name) was good, but a little small, and placed in a bowl that made it hard to eat. My smoked trout appetizer was fantastic, with a lot of very delicious trout and citrus.The broccoli side was really good. Our main, the pork chop, was tasty, with delicious veggies and herbed butter on it, but was less done than we're accustomed to. This may be because we're Canadian. I'm sure the meat was cooked within safety tolerances, but it was an unusual experience for us, although it did make for a very juicy piece of meat.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Gotta say we were disappointed after 3 separate people recommended it. Food was fresh, atmosphere was good, but dishes weren't impressive. Avocado toast was best. Rotisserie chicken was dry, pork chop was fatty, and desserts didn't appeal. Portions were huge, so made for good leftovers, but not rushing to go back.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Came here on a date we were seated up top which made for a great birds eye view! The cocktails were super yummy I recommend the gin one ;) the avocado toast and the burgers are the real stars of this place. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I decided to try this restaurant based on the recommendation of my friend whom is a local there. If I do say myself, I was beyond pleased with the overall experience. The atmosphere was a little noisy, but I absolutely loved it! We started with small drinks at the bar until our table was ready. Luckily we had a reservation. I had the chicken as my main dish and the brisket as my appetizer. We also had a bottle of wine that complemented both dishes with refinement. When I return to the city, I will most definitely be going back to it. I personally recommend this place for a great meal! Five stars across the board!!!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This establishment was recommended by our hotel clerk. She said "you must try the pork chop." Upon arrival, we were told it was a 45 minute wait-unless you want to sit at the communal table. Sit at the communal table! We met interesting people and really learned about the local culture. The food was truly outstanding. My friend had the pork chop and I had the rabbit. Both were outstanding. Homemade donuts for dessert-heaven! The service was excellent and the wine selection is very good.