“Best korean place in SF”

Dong Baek Restaurant
Ranked #3,087 of 5,859 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Korean
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I ate here with my korean friends many times and I was never disappinted. They made me try different dishes, from noodles with fish to soup with meat, and all of them were great. I love spicy food and korean cousine and this place is the best that I've tried in SF to eat typical korean dishes.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We walked past this restaurant on our way to another and changed our mind as it looked so inviting inside. What a great decision! Friendly, helpful service. Lovely food and generous proportions as well as the complimentary pickled vegetables. Good value for money, would definitely recommend.

1  Thank I_is_for_itchy_feet
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Went on the recommendation by a Korean friend. Had the Bi Bim Bop in a Stone Pot, which was excellent. Love the toss salad and 9 sides that come with dinner.

Service was excellent. Must be family because they show care. Great value!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stumbled into this restaurant while we were strolling through the city looking for a good Asian place to eat. Upon entering the restaurant, we noticed a table full of guys that looked like monks and a few other tables filled with Korean families (a good sign if you are looking for authentic cuisine). I ordered the beef bulgogi, which came with rice and an entire assortment of kimchi (pickled veggies on the side). We also ordered fried potstickers which were fantastic. San Francisco has a ton of Asian restaurants, but this was about as close to real Korean food as they come, and I've been to South Korea a few times!

Reviewed 5 August 2008

some of the best korean in town