“Not worth the money”

Ranked #57 of 296 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ride atop a vintage Mack Fire Engine while wearing authentic fire gear (for warmth, comfort, and great photos). Leaving Fisherman's Wharf you will go through the Presidio, to Crissy Field, over the Golden Gate Bridge and on to Sausalito, a jewel of a village with magnificent views of San Francisco, and back across the bridge through other neighborhoods to the Cannery.
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We went on the fire truck with two girls (ages 6 and 8) and there was nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't really do anything for us. Most of the tour is spent with the host singing songs and trying to get everyone to sing along. There was some narration but nothing really that interesting or different than anything we could get from anywhere. The biggest thrill was to go over the Golden Gate bridge, but we had already done that on our trip several times (in a closed car) so even that was not really that big of a deal. It would probably be very exciting to a child who is highly interested in fire trucks, and the picture we took on the other side of the bridge it cool, but with limited time and money to spend in San Francisco, I would use it another way. We did not have the owners of the tour and had subs so that may have been a difference too.

2  Thank Libbygray

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I bought their living social Halloween tour which promised a special price. Froze on the vehicle. No heater, no blankets. Kid tour guide read from paper script with crappy PA system. Driver made a few wrong turns and ran a red light and a stop sign! Terrible time had by all 13 of us.

3  Thank hpybdaymrpresident
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband, brother in law and two children ages 10 & 6 took this tour in August. The kids loved dressing up in the fireman jackets and red beanies and it was a nice change to be in such a small group. The tour introduced us to Sausalito which was so pretty we went back there the next day. The tour guides were down to earth and fun and the kids are still singing "The Big Red Shiny Mack Fire Engine". I would certainly recommend this trip to anyone of any age with or without children.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

My husband and I took our boys age 4 & 17 on this fantastic Halloween tour. The tour guides went out of their way to make this a memorable trip for my son's 17th birthday. They told historical stories with spooky facts. Very fun and exciting crossing the Golden Gate at night in an open fire truck. We even got help from one of our guides with our digital camera. Make sure you have the flash feature on!! The city is beautiful at night! I recommend this trip highly whether you are a local, like us, or coming from far away. Thanks to our wonderful and friendly tour guides we had a great time!

2  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I'd seen this tour on tv a while back and when my girlfriend asked me if I'd like to take a ride on the big red shiny Mack fire engine for my birthday I jumped at the chance. We prebooked by e-mail from the UK and picked up the tour from The Cannery at Fisherman's Wharf. Captain Thomas and Carleigh were there to meet us and fit us out in firemans jackets. It was a warm day but we were grateful for those jackets when travelling across the Golden Gate Bridge. I can't think of a better way to see San Francisco and Sausalito. Carleigh's songs and humour were wonderful and we were still singing her songs days later. The route we took and beautiful photostop were fantastic. The only negative comment I could give is that Captain Thomas wouldn't let me drive the fire engine over the Golden Gate Bridge even though it was my birthday. Carleigh sang happy birthday a number of times during the tour and both her and Thomas made this a very special memory. I would definitely do this tour again and recommend it to anyone who fancies something a bit different. The price is very good to.

4  Thank wolfymal