“Fly higher - great indoor activity for everyone - keeps kids and teens busy”
Review of Circus Center

Circus Center
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Circus Center is a great place to experience first hand how it feels flying on the trapeze.

It is both a professional training center and a great way to keep kids (from 7) busy.

On a rainy weekend day this so much more fun than - OMG nor another boooring - museum.

Look online at their website for the "all levels trapeze" class.

If you take your kids sit upstairs in the bleachers and don't forget your camera. (Well it's inside the phone anyway)

- yes this is my 12 y old daughter on the trapeze.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

I went trapeze swinging for the first time and had such a fun experience. The instructors are amazing and very helpful. They provide clear instructions and really accommodate to everyone's skill levels. They taught us all the different moves and what to do while swinging on the trapeze. I was definitely nervous at first because I am a little afraid of heights but the instructors really make you feel safe. It's definitely worth while, I really recommend it.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I have always wanted to get on a trapeze for fun, so for my recent birthday, I had my family take me to the Circus Center for a drop-in flying trapeze class. According to their website, Circus Center is the only place in SF to have a permanent trapeze rig. They offer a trapeze class for people of all experience levels (in my case, first timer) on a drop-in basis without committing to multiple sessions. I signed up online a few days prior, and went for a Saturday morning session.

The center is housed in an old high school gymnasium, with plenty of bleacher seating if you're bring friends who just want to watch and not participate. For my session, there were 7 participants total (3 advanced, 2 intermediate, and 2 first timers), and 3 instructors. After a brief (5 minute) instruction on the static bar, we were taking turn climbing up the ladder to the board to take on the trapeze.

Since there's only 1 trapeze bar, all the participants have to take turns going up. During the 90-minute session, I was able to go up 5 times. For my 4th and 5th turn, I attempted the "catch" and I was successfully caught by one of the instructors on my last turn, which was incredibly thrilling and fulfilling.

My whole experience at the Circus Center was completely enjoyable and fun. The staff is super skilled, professional, friendly, and accommodating. I would definitely come back to do it again and learn some new tricks. I can recommend this to both locals as well as tourists who are in town for just a few days. You do not need to bring anything, other than being in comfortable "gym" attire. There is a weight/size limitation, so be sure to check their website before signing up.