“Great food, great price!”
Review of Palmyra

Palmyra
Ranked #831 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

While on vacation in SF I stopped here for dinner by myself while waiting for a friend to get off work. I love Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food, so this place looked very appealing to me. I stopped in, told them it was my first time eating there and asked for a recommendation. They recommended the half chicken dinner which came with pita, hummus, cucumber salad, garlic dip. It was ready in just a few minutes. The portion was large with plenty of food to satisfy a hungry guy. And it was delicious. And all for $12. And the owners were nice people too! I would return without hesitation. Based on the number of people picking up takeout orders, I'd say this is a popular place. Highly recommend!

1  Thank J N

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I have not had middle Eastern food this good for 20 years since I moved away from Detroit. Fresh and authentic, I loved my schwarma. I had the beef. Hummus was great and the cucumber salad topped it off. If you are in San Francisco on haight, looking at great costumes, (shop across Street)be sure to eat here, your taste buds will thank you and so will your wallet

Reviewed 30 December 2016

This was the perfect spot to rest, relax, and EAT! after a long day walking to the Golden Gate Bridge and back. The food was delicious (baba ganoush, chicken shawarma, lentil soup, baklava), the wine cheap ($6), and the atmosphere invitingly casual. In addition, the wifi was free. I am so glad that I had a meal here during my very short visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here for a lunch. Food looked and smelled great. And can honestly say one of the tastiest meals ive had in a long time.Driendsly owners, great food

Reviewed 16 August 2016

First I have to say that shawarma is one of my favorite go to lunch foods. I have a go to place but today, I decided to try a different spot. I had heard about Palmyra and finally had the chance to go over. I had the recommended chicken shawarma wrap. This is a delicious balance of marinated rotisserie chicken, pickles, yogurt sauce, in a pita. It was very good and it was not heavy at all. Next time I'll likely get the shawarma plate which comes with a salad. Anyway, check it out it's very cheap and very good.