“Fantastic flavor, authentic food”
Review of Palmyra

Palmyra
Ranked #860 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I have not had middle Eastern food this good for 20 years since I moved away from Detroit. Fresh and authentic, I loved my schwarma. I had the beef. Hummus was great and the cucumber salad topped it off. If you are in San Francisco on haight, looking at great costumes, (shop across Street)be sure to eat here, your taste buds will thank you and so will your wallet

Reviewed 30 December 2016

This was the perfect spot to rest, relax, and EAT! after a long day walking to the Golden Gate Bridge and back. The food was delicious (baba ganoush, chicken shawarma, lentil soup, baklava), the wine cheap ($6), and the atmosphere invitingly casual. In addition, the wifi was free. I am so glad that I had a meal here during my very short visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here for a lunch. Food looked and smelled great. And can honestly say one of the tastiest meals ive had in a long time.Driendsly owners, great food

Reviewed 16 August 2016

First I have to say that shawarma is one of my favorite go to lunch foods. I have a go to place but today, I decided to try a different spot. I had heard about Palmyra and finally had the chance to go over. I had the recommended chicken shawarma wrap. This is a delicious balance of marinated rotisserie chicken, pickles, yogurt sauce, in a pita. It was very good and it was not heavy at all. Next time I'll likely get the shawarma plate which comes with a salad. Anyway, check it out it's very cheap and very good.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We ordered on Grub hub...the lady did not want to take the order over the phone. Our order thru Grub hub came and it was the wrong order. I ordered Shwarma wrap and got shwarma plate. So that was disappointing that they could not even get an order right for delivery. The food was really nothing special- exception being the yummy garlic sauce. The salad was at least 2 days old...so so disappointing. The arabic bread was not enough for all the chicken, would have LOVED some more arabic bread and we did not even get a fork to eat our food with. I don't think I will order again with them. I might consider to rather go eat at the restaurant inside. I have had many many lebanese dishes over the course of living in Dubai for 8 years and this was really nothing special. If you are desperate for Lebanese give them a try. Maybe the other dishes are better.