“Good Shawarma”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Reviewed 16 August 2016

First I have to say that shawarma is one of my favorite go to lunch foods. I have a go to place but today, I decided to try a different spot. I had heard about Palmyra and finally had the chance to go over. I had the recommended chicken shawarma wrap. This is a delicious balance of marinated rotisserie chicken, pickles, yogurt sauce, in a pita. It was very good and it was not heavy at all. Next time I'll likely get the shawarma plate which comes with a salad. Anyway, check it out it's very cheap and very good.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We ordered on Grub hub...the lady did not want to take the order over the phone. Our order thru Grub hub came and it was the wrong order. I ordered Shwarma wrap and got shwarma plate. So that was disappointing that they could not even get an order right for delivery. The food was really nothing special- exception being the yummy garlic sauce. The salad was at least 2 days old...so so disappointing. The arabic bread was not enough for all the chicken, would have LOVED some more arabic bread and we did not even get a fork to eat our food with. I don't think I will order again with them. I might consider to rather go eat at the restaurant inside. I have had many many lebanese dishes over the course of living in Dubai for 8 years and this was really nothing special. If you are desperate for Lebanese give them a try. Maybe the other dishes are better.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

We had very tasty Arabic food for very reasonable prices.

The lamb schawerma wrap was especially good.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Went to Palmyra with my dad and sisters. The menu had options for everyone, even those with dietary restrictions. The food came quickly. The owner and his family took time to talk with us. It was the most positive restaurant experience during our trip. Also, the baklava is a must! Definitely housemade!!! This meal was our most inexpensive and probably best quality.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

This was my first Mediterranean food experience, and it was awesome!!!! Glad we stopped! Staff was really helpful and nice!