“Best mediterranean restaurant in San Francisco”
Review of Palmyra

Palmyra
Ranked #849 of 5,860 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I had been searching for a great mediterranean restaurant since I moved to San Francisco, and my search ended when I found Palmyra.

The food is amazing and the dishes are really authentic. They offer Delivery, Take-out as well and dine-in and the service is always friendly (although a bit slow, especially dine-in and take-out, but delivery is quite fast.)

My all time favorite dish here is the Baba Ghanoush followed by the Rotisserie Chicken and the Moussaka. But this place is so great that you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

Overall highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

On a visit to San Francisco my son took me to this restaurant. I love Middle Eastern food & was excited by the menu. The owner was so nice & the food we had was delicious & fresh. Nothing fancy, just really good food. Very good value. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

As some other reviewers have said, the looks of this place don't really draw you in, but check out the queues for take out food and you will see that this is an incredibly popular local hotspot. Rotisserie chicken is excellent and the hummus really good. A wide range of freshly cooked, tasty Mediterranean dishes at really good prices.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and it's one of those great finds that keep you coming back.

1  Thank Consideringthis
Reviewed 21 January 2014

A small restaurant at the corner of the street. Authentic and delicious food. Very friendly family that runs it.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

As soon as we walked in the owner of Palmyra rushed over with a banana for our 18 month old son. The food was very good and the service was excellent. We asked about the falafel and the next thing we know, the waiter brought us some to try. We will definitely go back when we are in San Francisco again.