“C'est bon”
Review of Zazie

Zazie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 5,961 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Carl and Parnassus
Transit: The MUNI N-Judah train stops on Cole Street half a block from Zazie
Description: Zazie is a small neighborhood bistro in a historic building in Cole Valley, near the upper Haight and UCSF with a gorgeous well heated garden patio. We are famous for our American style brunch, served seven days/ week, but dinner is the hidden gem- country French cooking at it's best served with warmth.
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were staying around the corner with our son while we were here for Christmas. It was a short walk over and it was a nice night for the walk. I am sure the locals thought it was cold but for us East Coasters it was a balmy evening.
We were able to make a reservation with no problem for the same evening we called. Although the restaurant itself is small they have a rather large seating area in back in their patio. With lots of gas fired heaters it was nice and cozy.
We shared an order of mussels which were a special treat as I have been on mussel boats on the Cape. The order was very large with plenty to share with the rest of the party.
I ordered a burger (although the duck looked very appealing) as did my wife. She and our son's fiancee also had some Pinot Noir. Generous pours and lots of flavor. No rush from the staff to order quickly and they were helpful with the wine selection.
Burgers in San Francisco restaurants are quite high end and all are unique to the individual restaurant you are at. These are not kiddy meals by any means.
We passed on dessert as we had lots of goodies back at the flat.
Good food, easy to find, reasonable pricing, nice staff. All adds up to a place I would like to come back to next time we are in San Francisco.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Yum yum yum.

Recently went here for brunch. We got mimosas (mango and a spicy one), french toast and pancake. The pancake was truly brilliant - one of the best I've had. I got the basic one. Everything was really delicious, especially the service.

We sat in the patio and it's a really cute space. Also, the fact that this restaurant takes care of their employees makes me like them even more.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Food were really Zazzzzzie, love the grilled fish with black rice, celery & dried cranberries. My husband love his grass fed Nieman burger & one of a kind mac & recipe..

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Located in a lovely neighborhood on Cole. Wish we had more time to explore the area, but had to get to airport. This little cafe was great for breakfast/brunch which is served every day. We were there during the week and it was busy. Suggest going around 9ish for no wait. The food was delish and very prompt service. Would definitely go back if I am in the area

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Be prepared for a long line (on weekends) - but they have a way walk-in rest of week

Make sure put your name down and you cam state your preference on seating. (Street , onside or back-yard - my favorite)

I also like you can see you will be in the Irish bar next door while you are waiting (so get some good bloody Mary’s )

The service is great - the prices are more thank Avg - But NO TIPPING expected

I had poached eggs and apple Sausage and some of their signature tea.

Eggs were cooked very well , sausage was boring and tea was divine. Service was excellent and very friendly (one complaint only hot sauce was tobacco

So if you wait outside in rain not worth it. But why not get slightly toasted on the bar next door while you wait. ;-)