“Great food great service ”
Review of The House

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Very good restaurant. We had the wasabi noodles with salmon and the curry noodles with prawns . All very fresh and delicious . Highly recommended

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Wonderful family-owned restaurant located at intersection of Chinatown and North Beach (Grant and Columbus Sts) Small and cozy, be sure to get a dinner reservation so you can grab a seat and enjoy a fabulous array of dishes.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

In searching for unique Asian fusion cuisine, this
caught my attention. It also had great ratings on
TA. The restaurant is somewhat small with maybe 12 tables, but packed with guests. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and explained all the the food choices. We settled with the starter of deep fried salmon with hot Chinese mustard. As mains, my wife had the pork chop, my daughter the warm wasabi noodles with flatiron steak, my son, the chicken with mushrooms and truffle oil. And for me, I had the mushroom rice with grilled prawn and shave bonito. The food nicely presented and tasted amazing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch with my husband. Ordered 2 appetizers and 2 mains. Everything was generally very good! The oysters were fresh and very creamy and the spicy vinegrette sauce makes them super yummy. Even though it had some shells in the oyster, but hey for this price, I'm not complaining! Then came the deep fried salmon roll with a little caviar and wasabi mustard sauce. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the skin of the roll isn't oily! Next up was the curry noodles with great chicken. It was delicious but the highlight of the meal was the grilled seabass with the garlic noodle! The fish just melts in your mouth and the garlic noodle... Yum yum yum!! Very good food, will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

After a long anticipated visit to The House for what I heard would an incredible pork chop turned out to be a tremendous disappointment. The pork chop had excessive fat throughout. It was hard to tell at first since it was smothered in a pomegranate sauce.
This was not the center cut I might have expected, but an inferior loin cut that you might find in a lesser type restaurant. It was excessively expensive for what I got at $26. Even worse, I recommended it to two of my who were friends who dining with me. The service was exceptional, however.
PS I would have contacted the restaurant directly about this, but there is no apparent link on their website.