“A Treat for Eyes and Tastebuds!”
Review of The House

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 10 June 2018

My husband and I dined here after the Sunday 5pm showing of Beach Blanket Babylon at the nearby Club Fugazi, the restaurant having been recommended to us by our AirBnB hosts. We were not disappointed!
This is clearly a popular place, yet despite its size we were offered a table for two within minutes of our arrival. All of the dishes on the menu sounded great, but we decided to go for a couple of the specials. My husband had soft shell crab to start with - and what an amazing creation! It was a work of art. I didn't try any as I'm not that keen on shellfish, but he said it tasted even better than it looked...
As a main, I had a halibut dish, with creamy sauce and tiny mushrooms, served on a bed of mash and spinach. The taste was delicious, and I ate every morsel! My husband had beef short ribs, which had been sliced very thinly (not the way we would serve short ribs back, but equally delicious!). We also enjoyed the desserts (coconut creme brulee and rhubarb crisp).
All in all, the food was amazing, the atmosphere buzzing, and the waiting staff extremely attentive. We'd go back!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I have to mention that they graciously accommodated us despite the fact that we were 30 minutes late!
Dishes came super fast and everything was delicious. Octopus and steak with noodles were highlights. My least favorite was Ribeye as it was too large but not trimmed just right and therefore was unevenly cooked and had too much fat.
Can’t wait to come again !

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The best asian fusion restaurant in San Francisco is this one. Dont go by the external looks...its China Town after all. Go for it you wont regret. Wish I could have tried them more..every dish was uniquely prepared to touch your taste buds. Didnt get to taste the desserts but the appetizers and the main course was mind blowing and reasonably priced. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Haven't been back to San Fran for 2 years,
But this little place is what and why we come back,
Tiny in size but big on taste and innovation can't go past the tuna tartare or wasabi noodles. I have never had an average meal here, But even their brûlée is sublime.

1  Thank jonmak_12
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I like to spend the day in the city and try a new restaurant. This time was The House. If you're coming by on a weekend afternoon, it might be a good idea to have a reservation, as it can get full inside. Here is what I tried:

Deep Fried Salmon Roll - Simply incredible. It came out hot, crunchy, and the salmon was not overdone. Don't be afraid to try it with the chinese mustard-- it seems like it might be spicy, but it's delicious. I'd come back just for this dish alone.

Unagi Avocado Sandwich - I really wanted to like this, but there were a couple of things wrong with it-- the bread was way too toasted. The toastiness/char on the bread took away from the unagi and avocado. I would have preferred that the bread by lightly toasted so that I could get everything in a single bite.

Udon Noodle Soup - A wholesome, hearty soup, and perfect to help you get over a cold. I was prepared for the chicken breast to be slightly overdone (which wouldn't have mattered to me, since I know it'd be swimming in the broth), but to my surprise it was simply perfect. Still juicy and tender. The broth itself packed a little bit of a kick, and the cherry tomatoes packed a neat little burst of umami in every bite. Impressed and pleasantly surprised.