“Wonderful pasta and negronis”

Trattoria Contadina
Neighbourhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: Cable Car (Mason-Powell) line. Bus # 45, 41
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal with my niece. The negronis were fabulous. We had an excellent and attentive server. Started the meal with the meatball appetizer with tomato cream sauce. My entree was the Carlesimo. It was very good and look forward to having it again on my next visit.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

A nice little Italian restaurant that you can easily get to using public transportation or a leisurely walk. We enjoyed the food but the service was lacking. It is hard to imagine that in a small restaurant the service could be so poor. The waiter took mine and my husband's drink order and promptly walked away without taking my daughter's and son's drink order. Mind you they are both in their mid to late twenties, maybe they look young but that is no excuse for not getting their order. It was weird but the start of the whole tiresome dinner. Waiting to order, waiting for another drink, waiting to be asked if we wanted dessert. Maybe the waiter was having a bad night but it was almost a snobbish and condescending attitude. It definitely ruined dinner and even if the food was delicious we didn't enjoy it. We had high hopes based on other reviews.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This is an excellent choice. Everything we had was strong. I will go back here on our next trip to SF. Given the many choices available, that says something.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing meal here. The restaurant is small and family owned giving it a great atmosphere. All the staff are friendly and went out of their way to meet our requests.
The food is fresh and delicious. Highly recommend the spaghetti and meatballs, it was one of the best I’ve ever eaten.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This local Italian is a real find. It might be a bit off the beaten path for you...but its well worth the visit. The moment you walk in you feel as if you are stepping into your nonna's dining room. The ambience is rustic, casual, warm and authentic. And the food...the food is superb. I recommend the gnocchi - its hearty, super tasty and would make grandma proud. Whether you go alone, with friends, colleagues, or with a big group to celebrate - Trattoria Contadina is a winner. I only wish Trattoria Contadina was in my neighbourhood.

Date of visit: July 2018