“Great little Italian that is reasonably priced”
Review of Jackson Fillmore

Jackson Fillmore
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson Fillmore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #649 of 6,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Pacific Heights
Cross street: Jackson
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for decent Italian food that isn’t over priced then this is a great little place. (Approx. $17 - $22 main meal). We didn’t have a reservation and arrived around 7pm (table for 3) and the place was busy so may need to call ahead to reserve a table. Dress code was mixed. Some people were dressed up, whereas we had been walking around San Fran so were very casual. A local recommended it to us and I would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We loved everything we ordered. We started with the portobello mushroom, asparagus, salad, and fried mozzarella. That was devoured. We had chicken with mushrooms, penne with a meat marinara sauce, and gnocchi. We ate everything it was so good. And very friendly and accommodating waiters.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Used to frequent this place "back in the day" so was so excited to take my new-to-San Francisco daughter there on Sunday night. Place is as popular as ever apparently because the only reservation we could get was for 5:45. When we arrived, we were seated at the counter which was fine. From then on, the experience went downhill. I can only use the word "badgering" for what the waitperson subjected us to. Not a smile, not a welcome, just wanted to know what wine we wanted. And then, she would not let us just enjoy that glass of wine without constantly pushing us to order. (We were there to "dine" not merely to "eat" and she was having none of it.) A request for details on the specials was met with a perfunctory, brusque recitation of ingredients. And then more badgering. It was apparent from the moment we sat down that the goal was to turn over our table for the next customers. We finally (maybe 20 minutes after arrival?) ordered and the food was good but the experience with our waitperson was so uncomfortable that it frankly ruined our evening. Very disappointing for a place that held wonderful memories for me.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Unpretentious, down home cooking with a neighborhood vibe. If you have to sit at the bar, I recommend the seats at the very end, where you can peer into the kitchen. We don't live nearby, and we make a point to try to eat here anytime we are within striking distance. I love the spaghetti carbonara and my husband is a fan of the chicken saltimbocca -- haven't tried too many other dishes, but everything we've had has been very tasty :)

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Took some friends there - their first time at JF. We all had something a bit different but everything was delicious. We had the tiramisu for dessert & our friend said it was better than his grandmother’s. We had reservations but they were able to seat us earlier. I feel like I am a San Franciscan when I eat there!