USD 259
USD 230
InterContinental
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 310/night.

USD 259
USD 230
InterContinental
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 358/night.

USD 293
USD 254
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 288/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 286
USD 250
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 420/night.

Hotel Zephyr(San Francisco)
USD 328
USD 262
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 396/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
USD 512
USD 256
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 385/night.

USD 507
USD 363
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewshaight ashburygolden gate parkno elevatorlower haightdivisadero streetalamo squarebuena vista parkpainted ladiesgreat neighborhoodclean place to stayceiling fanrooms are smallpublic transportrestaurants and barssafe neighborhoodpriced hotelaround the corner
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a friendly staff, clean rooms, great location and a very trendy lobby combined with the best prices in San Francisco for a hotel of this high quality! Then the Metro is a perfect choice.

So you are not misled you need to factor in The Metro Hotel does not serve breakfast and the rooms are not the largest, however they are very functional. The Trader Joe’s shampoo is a nice touch!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rufus123
TheMetroHotelSF, Manager at The Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

We are so happy you like the TJ shampoo and conditioner. It's a new addition at the Metro and so far it's been a great hit. Thank you for taking the time to write a very helpful review.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

For our first visit to San Francisco, we couldn’t have picked a better hotel. It became our comfortable, welcoming home base. The hotel’s own description is accurate, so if you want a boutique hotel and not a big chain hotel with unneeded amenities, this is the place to choose. Parking a car would be a hassle. Uber anywhere (we did), or use abundant public transportation (we didn’t).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

It is nice to hear you had a great first experience in our lovely city. Thank you for writing such a nice perfectly worded review. Parking is a hassle and as the locals have found Uber/Lyft is so much more convenient as well as our public transportation very accessible from our location. We hope to have you as our guests again should you return to San Francisco.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I stayed at the Metro last week for a vacation I took with my son (9) for spring break. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was friendly and very helpful. I had read the reviews prior to arriving, so was expecting a small room. We stayed in room 202, which is on the 3rd floor with 2 twin beds. There was no elevator, so we had to walk up the stairs (which was fine for us, but just a warning to others). The room was big enough for two people to sleep and store their luggage, and included a TV with a few channels. It reminded me of what a standard European hotel room looks like. The shower was about the size of a broom closet, which worked alright for us but may not work for someone much bigger than me (5'5" and roughly 150lbs). The shower also had an issue with getting the floor sopping wet and unfortunately the offered rug sucked it up and stayed wet throughout our stay. There were a few issues with stains on the blankets (small black stains, I'm assuming ink of some sort) and there were some hairs in the bathroom that were not from us. Neither of these things bothered me, so I did not tell the hotel about it. I just want to provide an honest and complete review. We faced the street and did not have any issues with noise pollution. The room did have a tendency to feel very stuffy in the afternoons when we returned, but opening the windows and turning the fan on high seemed to work well.

I would definitely stay at this location again, it was a great price and super convenient to access public transportation.There are a few reasonable restaurants within walking distance. Takes about 20-30 minutes on the bus to get to the Fisherman's Market.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your honest review. Please do reach out to us if you are having any issues regarding housekeeping and maintenance, we will surely do our best to rectify any problems within our abilities. Our rooms are small and that is something we cannot change without becoming a more pricey hotel. One of our most important missions at the Metro is to be an affordable hotel. Reviews like yours are wonderful for future guests who are looking to see if our hotel will be a good match for their travel needs. We hope to have you and your son as our guests again. If you need a little more space check out room 109 next time. It has 2 queen beds in 2 separate rooms with a shared bathroom. Still our showers and closet space is minimal.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked my room for last weekend; I just knew this hotel was the perfect location for me while I was in town. What a pleasant surprise my stay turned out to be! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the staff, to the cleanliness of the rooms, to how well they make use of the space in each room, to the view from my room....it was all just so perfect for me! From now on, The Metro Hotel without a doubt is officially my "go to" place whenever I'm in SF. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank lhuckafg

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you mentioned use of space in our small rooms. It has been and will always be one of our biggest challenges, how to keep an old Victorian current and our prices affordable. We look forward having you as our guest next time at the Metro Hotel.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights. The rooms are small, but clean and fresh. Would have preferred a room with two doubles but none were available. We were busy while visiting, so not in the room a lot. It is in a great location, the staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay there again. If you are looking for a hotel with lots of frills, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a nice place to hang your hat while visiting family or friends, it's a great spot.

Room Tip: It is a walk up hotel, so keep that in mind when choosing a room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TheMetroHotelSF, Manager at The Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review The Metro Hotel. Unfortunately we only have a 4 rooms with more than one bed, most of our rooms have only one queen bed. As you wrote we are a clean hotel without a lot of frills. Our mission is to be a simple, clean, affordable hotel for our guests come to stay while enjoying San Francisco. We hope to have yo back as our guests in the future, plan early and get the room with the 2 full beds!