“A San Francisco must-do” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
The Castro: Historical Walking Tour of San Francisco's Gay & Lesbian District
Ranked #16 of 281 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruisin' the Castro Walking Tours is San Francisco's premier LGBT tour company walking with PRIDE since 1989! Voted a top city tour and awarded the "Hall of Fame", by TripAdvisor! This easy, fun and fascinating 2 hour tour is the MOST comprehensive Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, & Transgender cultural tour available and boasts 15 different historical sites enroute. Discover how San Francisco and the Castro neighborhood plays a crucial role in the past, present and future of LGBT civil rights in the United States. Tours are intimate, personalized and operated by a professional tour guide, local resident and LGBT community activist. No large hills to climb and public walkways are handicap accessible.
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A San Francisco must-do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I've walked through the Castro before but there were a lot of things I didn't know about until I took this tour. Kathy was very knowledgeable and accommodating. I recommend this tour to anyone visiting or living in San Francisco. I live here and I plan to take any guests I have from out-of-state on this tour. Great experience.

1 Thank khatchad

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Kathy is a brilliant host who knows her district well. Great opportunity to learn about a unique part of San Francisco

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moving, funny, and hugely informative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

I went on this tour with my husband and several friends and we all had a terrific time. Kathy is an excellent tour guide and was thoughtful enough to contact me before the tour to make sure everything was good to go, and even make some recommendations to make my visit to San Francisco even better. Considerate, intelligent, and funny, Kathy's tour exceeded our expectations.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Gin H
Issaquah, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Very interesting and entertaining! Kathy showed us a lot of little places you would just walk by without noticing.

Visited December 2011
Turin, Italy
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great Time around the Castro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I picked up crusin' the Castro walking tours on the web, following the great reviews we saw.
It has been a great experience, around the Castro today.
Kathy arrived sharp at 10am and walked us around for more than what we expected! Informations were really interesting and she knows a lot about the Area. We would recommend Kathy and his walking tour, to all TripAdvisor's reader!

2 Thank LB879