“Best. Bread. Ever!”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had never heard of this place until I passed by it at Fisherman's Wharf. I wouldn't have even considered myself a fan of sourdough bread. Now I am!! I had the grilled cheese with bacon on sourdough bread for lunch. It was AWESOME! We stopped there for bread several times. We even bought the teddy bear bread to take to the airport and eat for breakfast the day we flew home.

Everyone should stop here. Yes - there will be long lines but they move fast.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,430)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

At Fisherman's Wharf, Boudins is a large commercial bakery, with a cafe, bar, and sit down restaurant. We did the self-guided bakery tour, then headed downstairs for a bite in the cafe.

Counter service was extremely efficient (in a tourist section, the long lines moved extremely quickly). Chowder in a sourdough bread bowl was excellent, and the waffles (with hazelnut spread, bananas, strawberry, and whipcream) were light and delicious.

Prices are slightly elevated, but reasonable for a high traffic tourist mecca in San Fran.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stopped in the morning for quick coffee and light bite for breakfast. While they make some hot dishes, when you walk in you see the racks of bread and baked goods. Stopped us in our tracks. We had almond croissant, chocolate croissant, sticky bun, and bread. Utterly delicious. Items very reasonably priced from $2 to $4, Got coffee and sat at an outside table.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

May seem touristy, but Boudin delivers on delicious sourdough bread. Great place to grab rolls, chowder, or a fun-shaped sourdough loaf (crab-shaped is so cool!), in addition to full meals.
They have a map of picnic sites, which is a perfect way to enjoy this treat.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was visiting from out of town and was enjoying my morning, waiting for the Boudin Bakery and Peets Coffee to open and sat down to wait for 15 minutes at one of the tables outside the store. A nasty short man (I won't say what he looked like because I'd be deemed racist) who worked there was extremely rude and told me to MOVE because he had to move the tables. I literally JUST sat down and he ran over there like a territorial hen. He ran me off with his awful attitude. I understand working at such a busy place can be stressful, but that's no excuse to treat paying customers like trash. I suppose it doesn't matter how you treat people if you have so many people coming through Fisherman's Wharf.