“Great hole in the wall Vietnamese”

Tin - Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #322 of 6,272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after being recommended by the Concierge at InterCon SF. Was a Wednesday night but restaurant was full with a queue to wait!

Food was great and reasonably priced. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Hole in the wall on a sketchy block. It's our go to first meal after arriving in SF. Casual, clientele from all walks of life. Great selection of beer and wine. Split a special roll whose name I can't recall, but it had a great assortment of textures and flavors. I always order some variant of pho. I let the waitress guide me. It was great with satisfying, fragrant spice. Lots of meat and spicy. My wife had clay pot shrimp and was too busy eating it to talk.

Yay! Wish the menu was a bit more comprehensive, but excellent meal.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Our waiter was great, we looked at the menu and he made suggestions that were a little different and I was amazed! My Pho, was beef and he said some people like it without the brisket just rare beef and I enjoyed it. The rolls we had, I wish I could remember the name but he changed those a little too. they were deep fried and contained pork. They were absolutely the best! I don't have Vietnamese food in my city so this was a real treat!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I love Vietnamese pho so did not want to miss a chance to try good Vietnamese pho. This place is ranked very high online so we decided to give a try. It opens at 5:30 but when we arrived around 5:20, there are already people outside waiting. Within half an hour, the restaurant was almost full on a Wednesday evening.
I always ordered the same dish no matter where I go, the rice vermicelli with grilled beef/shrimps. The rice vermicelli here was decent but not impressive. Given the price, I was a bit disappointed. Service was quick and the waitress had a smile on her face and pretty efficient.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

This place is not long on ambiance, however, the food was very good. We began with a noodle dish called a Hue roll. It was filled with BBQ’d terrayaki beef. It was very tasty. Next we had chicken pho and tripe pho. Both of these soups were delicious. The chicken broth for the former was appropriately spicy. The chicken was all white meat and the skin had been removed. I prefer it served this way because it is not as fatty. The other dishes we had were called Bun Thit Nuong. This was BBQ’d pork shoulder, lettuce, lemon grass and noodles. We asked for chicken broth to be served with it. which we added to the dish later. It was a great combination of hot, cold, sweet, sour, crunchy and soft flavors all coming together in perfect harmony. All in all this was a very good lunch......Vietnamese comfort food.