All reviews rooftop deck fisherman's wharf one bedroom suite cable car hyde street well equipped kitchen full size refrigerator spacious living room great location ghirardelli square buena vista first floor the golden gate bridge two blocks irish coffee within walking distance can't beat the location
Reviewed 20 September 2018

This funky apartment conversion location is PERFECT if you want to be near Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, the cable lines.. they start right outside the door. From the rooftop deck, you can see Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, and all of San Fran. You're 300 Feet from the world famous Buena Vista, famous for Irish coffee. GREAT food, cool, comfortable rooms with tiny but functional kitchens, tiny elevator, character!! We love it. We get delivery from the best local pizza place, too, when we visit. My only complaint is the parking - OMG, it's treacherous. Be careful in there!

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Overall, it's a pleasant hotel. I enjoyed my stay. I felt the hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating. The location is fabulous.

The only downsides were the late checkin (4:00 is quite late) and the elevator not staying on the floor if you didn't enter right away. One may wonder why this is an issue. The elevator door doesn't open. It's an old-fashioned elevator, where you need to open the door. So, if you are distracted at all and don't see the elevator coming, through the small window, you might miss it. It immediately goes back to the main floor. I think they should get rid of the outer doors so one can see when the elevator comes or, if they can, change the elevator behavior so it waits until someone else calls it. For one or two nights, the elevator is charming, but for a longer stay, it becomes annoying.

Regarding the late checkin, I feel 4:00 is quite late as a checkin time and they were not at all accommodating about an earlier checking, even if informed ahead of time that I was coming and needed access to the refrigerator. They also did not have my allergies noted in the record, despite having been called a week beforehand to have them noted.

So, 4 stars is appropriate. The overall experience was excellent, but they do have room for improvement.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the street
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018

This location is situated two blocks north of the bay. It is within easy walking distance to all of the Wharf activities and transportation. The resort itself is the problem. Actions in rooms above the room can be heard thru the ceilings. Shower activities can be heard thru a false window into a common area. Queen sofa bed mattresses are too thin. There is a heavy door covering the elevator door which presents a fire escape hazard. Parking is limited and too close to park comfortably. Fee charged to park is ridiculous. Staff is only as helpful as required.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights in July 2018 - a great location for exploring San Francisco. Staff were helpful & car parking was $20 a night - we only needed it on our last night.

My only issue was I left my car/house keys behind when we left - I appreciate that they found them & advised me - but it cost me $94 via ileftmmystuff.com to get them sent back to the UK which I felt was excessive.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynseydear
Rowena P, Front Office Manager at Suites at Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Lynseydear,

Thank you for your great review! We notified you via e-mail as soon as the items were found. Unfortunately, the only way we can send your lost and found item is through ileftmystuff, but I am glad you were able to retrieve them.

Looking forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Accommodation was clean and staff are friendly but what can I say
We were given a welcome pack the day before we left and to me this should be given on arrival
Charged taxes even though accommodation was prepaid in Australia and we were not informed and credit charges just appeared on our card
Phone call made immediately and I’m still waiting for an email and that was 5 days ago
Would not recommend at all as photos on website have been photoshopped as this is an old and I mean old building that has been painted modern colour only. Everything is old and definitely needs a makeover and I do t just mean paint
Customer service in my eyes is non existent and I’m very disappointed that they cannot even respond but that’s fine because they have been given a poor rating

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Rowena P, Front Office Manager at Suites at Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Jannine,

I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay. If you could please expound on the credit charges, I will greatly appreciate that, and will definitely take a look at what happened. We pride ourselves in providing excellent guest service, that is why a lot of our guests return to our property. It is disappointing to us that we have not met your expectations, but concerns like yours are something that we should have taken care of while you were still here.

You may send me an e-mail at Rowena.Pelaez@wyn.com so I can personally take care of this matter.

Kind regards.