Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast
USD 404*
USD 259*
  • Pool
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 258*
USD 244*
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
USD 426*
USD 376*
  • Room Service
Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 197*
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 264*
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
USD 483*
USD 296*
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
USD 246*
Hotel Zephyr(San Francisco)
USD 331*
USD 286*
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsnoe valleyview roommission districtvalencia streetquiet streetevery morningbart stationwithin walking distancetop floora great place to stayfew blocksconvenient locationvictorianneighborhoodwhimsysfguesthouse
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We reserved six of roughly 8 available rooms for the immediate family of the bride and groom for a wedding held on the California Coast. We were graciously allowed the run of the house and even ordered take-out dinner for a party of twenty or so family members the night before the wedding. My wife and I stayed tow nights in the downstairs Cabana room which features a private entrance, a breakfast nook (with microwave, bar sink and refrigerator) opening into a beautiful flower garden, a king size bed, antique desk and wardrobe and a large-screen wall-mount TV. Our son, partner and grandson had the top floor doll suite with a jaccuzi tub and a shared kitchen. Delicious self-serve breakfasts in the kitchen and dining room featured smoked fish, sliced fruits, bagels, pastries, eggs, fried potatoes, and more - all prepared by a cook who arrived early every morning. The proprietor, Sheila Ash, is a fascinating fashion maven very active in the social circles of San Francisco and the beautiful home decor reflects her eclectic tastes. Many famous people have stayed at Noe's Nest and we certainly would choose it again. Just be very clear about arrival time so that someone is there to check you in and give you keys to your room and the entry gate.

Room Tip: The Cabana room and Sheila's rooms are quietest since they are farthest from the street but no one had a problem with noise. The website clearly describes the choices.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank organicgardner44
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I just returned from a lovely 3 night stay at Noe's Nest. The location is perfect if you are exploring or visiting someone in Noe Valley or the Mission. The Nest is right between the two and is also near public transportation. Sheila, Cindy and everyone else at the Nest makes their guests feel most welcome and I noticed several of my breakfast mates were returning guests and had become friends over the years.

Cindy gave me a great tour of the garden that she is most proud of and it was a wonderful place to spend time either in the morning or evening. This garden is a delight and Cindy has taken great care with it.

The bed in my room (Kendra's room..ask about it) was so COMFY! They have several excellent cooks for breakfast and will custom-make anything you wish that is not already present on the breakfast counter.

Talk to Sheila if she is around. She is a wealth of knowledge about the area and loves meeting her guests. She does do it right and you will be glad you booked with the Nest and the people who take your needs to heart. I'll be back the next time I visit my son in Noe Valley.

Room Tip: Call ahead and explain your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Stevenson54
Reviewed 28 May 2011

When travelling around SF you see these amazing Victorian era houses and you wonder, what would they look like inside? Noe's B&B will give you great insight into what it's like living in these gorgeous houses. They have amazing windows and high ceilings, and the way Sheila has decorated the place with photos it really does feel like you're in the midst of someone else's sentimental memories, which for me feels really nice and homely.

I stayed in the Kendra room which faces out to the street which I quite liked. It wasn't noisy at all and it had all of the amenitiies we needed, a clean bathroom, TV, lots of wardrobe space to store our luggage. It was cosy but in no way small for a couple. The Wifi kept cutting out but on the day that I checked in an IT guy had come in to either fix or install a new router. I hope they get that fixed soon.

That bed is amazing, had the best sleep of my whole trip on that bed! I don't know what the thread count was on those linens but it was a dream to sleep on.

Had a lovely conversation over breakfast with the other guests in the B&B and had a great pesto and fetta cheese omelette prepared by Chef Daniel. He left at 10am that morning so please make sure you get up early to get a chance to have some breakfast. We didn't have anything else as we don't tend to have a big breakfast but we did see a few small muffins, pastries and fruit.

We only stayed the one night as planned. If you could stay for longer and your budget allows it, I would recommend staying at Noe's as your base to explore SF. You're only two blocks away from the 24th and Mission BART. And it was only a few days later that we realised how close it was to the Mission, a slightly dodgier part of town where you're constantly wondering whether you should walk on the other side of the street instead. But I can safely say that if you're staying at Noe's you will be pretty safe, just don't venture too close to the Mission after hours.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed here in May on a Sunday and then the following Wednesday while visiting our daughter who lives in the Mission. Sheila, the host, is friendly, but scattered. She had left us the key for our Wed nite stay, but ended up knocking on our door at 11pm because she forgot we were there. Breakfast is less than we are used to at a B&B - help-yourself bagels, fruit, cheeses. Beds were very comfortable. We were in the Sheila room one night, beautiful view, private deck, windows around the bed, steam shower, wifi and a TV. Price is a value for SF.

Room Tip: Ask for the Shelia Room (not on the website)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I have stayed at Noe's Nest four times now, sometimes with family, sometimes on my own. We found it because my daughter was living around the corner (literally) in Noe Valley, but I would come back again even if she moved. It's a great, quirky place, like a window on what SF must have been like in the sixties. Each room is a little different, but all have comfortable beds, cable, and whatever else you might expect. My favorites are the Shiela Room, which is on the second floor in the back, with a small deck overlooking the garden, and the View Room, which is just above that and has an amazing view through a huge picture window. Shiela Ash runs Noe's Nest, and it is overflowing with family memorobelia and quirky artwork (be sure to check out the jazz band in the alcove on the way to the third floor). Breakfasts are communal around the big breakfast table, and each time I have been there I have found the other guests intersting and friendly. Many of them are like me; visiting family in the neighborhood. However, even though it is not in the mainstream of SF, it is only a couple of blocks from the BART and the MUNI, so even if you are not visiting family, it would still be a good base of operations for a visit to SF.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple