“Soooo good!! Great schnitzel.”
Review of Leopold's

Leopold's
Reserve with OpenTable
Leopold's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #309 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Austrian, German, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Russian Hill
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

I was going to have a salad (already ordered) and I saw the schnitzel and just had to had it! Ate soooo much but worth it. The 0.5 Stiegli is good also. I didn't lake the flourless chocolate cake so much although I ate it all. Recommend it.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Everyone got to pick a place to eat and it was my turn. I wanted beer, good food, and fun. It was quite a walk up from the wharf, but worth every step. I'm a beer guy and love good German beer. This place has a great selection and Das boot as well. Kristin, our waitress, was great. Attentive, not intrusive, with a pretty smile and great attention to detail, she maneuvered us through a perfect evening. All 7 of us had a great time.
The beer was good, but the food was amazing. We ordered just about everything on the menu and sent back 7 clean plates. Always a good sign. Desert too!
If you're looking for a quiet dinner, go elsewhere, but for a fun time, great food, great service and Das boot, check out Leopolds!

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

Loved this little place. Went for dinner. Service was great, food was great, atmosphere great! Good beer selection and traditional food. Fun environment. Had the pappardelle dish and the short ribs (reminded me of sauerbraten). Left there full and satisfied. Will go again.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

We came to Leopold’s based on a recommendation from a local and it lived up to the hype. This place feels like the gasthauses we visited in Austria and Bavaria. We weren't greeted when we walked in the door, and I didn't notice if there was a sign instructing us to seat ourselves, but after a few seconds a waitress noticed us and we were seated. There are individual tables and booths around the edge of the restaurant and a community table in the middle. We came on a Sunday and there was still a good group of people in the place.

Leopold’s offers eight beers on tap and a long list of bottled beers and wine. Beers on tap are available from 0.3 liters to 5 liters. I chose a 1L Maß and my wife went with a .5L. Appetizers are $9 to $19 and entrées run from $16 to $20. I went with the Paprika Beef Goulash and my wife chose the Wiener Schnitzel. The service was great and our food came out quickly. Both meals were excellent. The beef in my goulash was tender and flavorful and the spätzle was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and we’ll be back next time we’re in San Francisco.

Reviewed 17 September 2014 via mobile

We have been in San Francisco for almost two weeks and was looking for something different for dinner. This place delivered. Their beer list was extensive. But we wanted wine ...only because we did not want to get too full on beer. First we split the sausage appetizer. It is the perfect start for two people. We asked to substitute the spatzle for the potatoes. They gladly accommodated us and the spatzle was light and buttery. The homemade sausage was also delicious. My husband had the wiener schnitzel also delicious. The meat was fork tender. I had the chicken breast..with pearl onions, mushrooms and pancetta served over the best red cabbage I have ever eaten with a gravy that I tried to bribe the waitress for the recipe. It was that good. The had many other wonderful dishes on the menu so choosing can be difficult. Service was excellent. There seemed to be a lot of locals there as the place was busy on a Monday night.