“really thin walls, but good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of da Vinci Villa

da Vinci Villa
Ranked #89 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Southern California
“really thin walls, but good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Did I mention the thin walls? Not only could I hear the baby crying next door, I could hear the father murmuring and trying to soothe the infant. It was, of course, in the middle of the night. If you have young children and an amorous couple you might have some 'splaining to do. The property was clean and neatly maintained (except for one of our rooms which had a bottle of mystery medication under the desk -- for "cuerpo cortado, tos, nariz"). I would have been more concerned about this if I had younger children who might try them out rather than turning them over to us.

The continental breakfast was nice -- sparse but good quality. Parking was poor -- my husband had to park some blocks away and get back over there in the morning so we wouldn't be towed. The soaps and toiletries were very nice, tho.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HaveringBob
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced due to limited parking space at the hotel. I certainly hope that this incident will not cause you to question our willingness to serve you. We have also addressed the incident you mentioned on your review with the respective department head to make sure that this does not happen to other guests. Thank you for giving us your feedback. It is through candid comments such as yours that we are able to improve our service and operations.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Ok this place was groovy.
GREAT view of the Golden Gate.
Great little restaurant on site.
Service was ok ... some were rude others were nice.
Tammy was nice good job girl !

SOFT BED !!!!
Full line up of TV channels including *Adult titles* yay !

HARDWIRE INTERNET A PLUS !!!!!! ( I do not like wifi i'm old school yo)

Fancy soaps!
CLEAN IT WAS CLEAN and I value that over just about everything else.
Ill take A LITTLE rude service ( I don't offend easy anyway) if the place is clean !!!!!!!!
Layout was confusing.
If you think this is a bad neighborhood you must be a real wimp!
Construction was annoying.
Pool was closed also annoying.

Overall the view of the Golden Gate made up for it all.
I would stay here again ????????

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Golden Gate.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jason K
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback from your stay at the da Vinci Villa. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory. Your comments regarding rude staff members are very disturbing to me as they certainly do not represent the quality of service we have established. I can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure that other guests do not have the same experience. For that, I deeply apologize. I hope you’ll contact us directly should you choose to stay at the da Vinci Villa on your next visit to San Francisco.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel does not provide guest with parking lot. And the china security guy is rude and has problem articulating his thoughts. Overall very poor service. DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not turn out to be a positive one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service that our staff demonstrated. Providing professional service is very important to us and this is why we continue to provide our staff with training needed to be on the level of guest’s expectations. Your comment was already passed on to the department head to be addressed. Thank you for your feedback.

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

I enjoyed our stay here. Yes, the elevator is a bit slow (so what). Yes, the rooms open to the courtyard so it's more like an inn. Our room was lovely, we requested a view of the GG bridge and they said they couldn't promise it but we ended up getting it anyways. We bought the LS deal too. And I felt like we got a good deal. Bottle of wine, free parking, 25% to the restaurant. They left chocolates on the bed and turned the radio on for us. It was nice.

My only suggestions are to be aware that they are still doing remodeling and this might bother some folks. Not us, as we were there to sleep and relax in the room before hitting the town. Great location, close to alot of things. We walked down to the wharf and it was perfect.

Not sure why people are so up in arms about this place. The beds are super comfortable. My only real suggestions for improvement is a mini fridge in the room and a couple of chairs for the balcony, other than that, they nailed it. The bathrooms were small (again who cares) - you might that's why you are checking reviews, right?

Room was clean and well appointed. Noise does carry, we did hear some late night noise but I have heard noise from other lodgers at 4 star hotels in San Fran, so I don't understand the big deal there either. You want peace and quiet, start by going somewhere other than the city!

Room Tip: Ask for a view, its always worth a try!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DevonSaire
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us during your stay at the da Vinci Villa. We are truly happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies if there was still minor construction going on during your stay. The hotel is continuously finding ways to better our product to satisfy guest needs and expectations. Should you find you way back to San Francisco, please feel free to contact us directly so we can make the arrangement for you. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to service you soon.

Irvine, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The lowdown: I cancelled a reservation within their allowed cancellation window. 2 months later, they decide to charge me for my reservation saying i never cancelled. I don't keep cancellation numbers for 2 months so I end up having to file a claim with my credit card company, thanks da vinci villa!

The whole story: Like many here, i purchased a voucher through living social. After i make my reservation, I decide to peruse the internet to find more about the hotel. I find very little info and even less reviews...hmm seems fishy (this was months ago). Then i notice that their website focuses more on pictures of the lobby than the actual rooms...okay now im suspicious.

Since im going to celebrate an anniversary with my gf, i decide not to take the risk and immediately ask for a refund from livingsocial. They tell me they checked with the hotel and cannot issue a refund because i still have an active reservation. So i go ahead and cancel my reservation with the hotel and receive my refund.

Now 2 months after my reservation date, I see that da vinci villa (not livingsocial) charges me for the night. I give them a call and they tell me that i never cancelled and I need a cancellation number for a refund (lol..keep a cancellation number for 2 months?). I ask them why are they charging me after such a long wait, are they hoping i lose my cancellation number? They say that they are "updating their system" ... LOL. I try to explain that livingsocial does not offer refunds unless i cancel my reservation first as evidence that i indeed cancelled my reservation. The customer service rep does not understand my logic and just repeats that no refunds are issued without a cancellation number. I ask to speak to their GM who says they will contact livingsocial and contact me back. I wait for a few days and leave the GM a voicemail and have yet to be contacted back. Now I've filed a dispute with my credit card company. I also looked on their website to see if i could email them so i can voice my complaints to corporate but they don't even have one (or at least it's well hidden).

My recommendation, stay away from this place because customer service is obviously incompetent and it also seems like they are running a scam.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zhong Z
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience on the billing error on your credit card. There is no excuse for the shortcomings that you experienced. Although we failed to demonstrate differently, your experience does not, in any way, represent the level of service that we are capable and that we provide on a daily basis to our guests. I am only sorry that we failed you in this instance.Thank you for your feedback.