New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

USD 89.00*
and up
Classic San Francisco Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: SoSF is your #1 source for all things biking San Francisco. We know the city's best bike routes, especially the ones that go around the hills. We show you San Francisco's wild history and modern trends, including food, art, music, kooky local politics, and, of course, all things bicycles. Our guided bike tours focus on the city's neighborhoods and include: Unique history, diverse neighborhoods, Victorian architecture, public art, awesome bikes, & tasty local cuisine. Fun, friendly, local guides lead you through safe, bike-friendly routes that go around those infamous hills.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My teenagers enjoyed it too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Had a great bike tour with Daniel. One of the highlights of our San Fran trip. My teenage girls really enjoyed it too.

• Korean first
Columbus, OH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Really great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We did the longer tour, which is 19-20 miles according to Daniel, the owner and guide. Given the distance and hilly SF, I thought it might be physically demanding, but it wasn't at all. If you spread 20 miles over say 4 hours of actual riding, that's only 5 mph which is a very slow bike pace. The is one moderate climb of one short block, and several of the group had to walk and Daniel smartly walked with them. We had no issues making it up ourselves. As others have mentioned, Daniel points out where he lives now and where he grew up, which is cool. He also has a great personality and made the entire experience fun. My only real nitpick was that I am quite tall and the largest bike frame was a couple inches too small. It wasn't a big deal. I initially went solely because the Mrs. wanted to, but ended up having a great time. Definitely a highlight of the week in SF.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ntguru911
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

My wife and chose this tour based on the reviews on ta. We decided to do this tour on our first full day in San Fran. We choose the heart of the city tour. The ride is not difficult at all and the hills are avoided. Tim was our guide. Great knowledge of the city. This was my first visit to San Fran and learned a lot about the different neighborhoods away from the commercial tourist areas.

1 Thank Themigfamily
Reston, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I signed-up for a private tour with SoSF Bike Tours. Our guide, Daniel, customized our day by lengthening the standard 7 x 7 tour and by adding a few elements of the food tour. We visited several corners of the city that we would have never discovered on our own. I think we visited 21 neighborhoods in all. Daniel provided us with plenty of interesting commentary and was very accommodating. We also enjoyed a few of his restaurant recommendations over the following days. It was like having a close friend show you around his hometown. It was a wonderful experience and we highly recommend it.

Visited March 2012
Los Gatos, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excelent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

loved it! perfect!! not too long, not too short, the guide was very nice and friendly...!!

Visited April 2012