“Great Jazz, great wine”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Walked past here on one of our many walks up SF's notorious hills, and dropped in for some great Jazz from a 3 piece, and a few glasses of great local wine. They have food too, no idea what it's like, but come here for a drink at the atmosphere, and make your own mind up on the food! Came in with a 7 month old baby, not an eyebrow raised, and he certainly wasn't going to outshoot the music!

There are newer reviews for Melt

Reviewed 3 April 2015

The menu is not very wide, especially if you are by yourself and you cannot share the cheese or chocolate fondue with anyone, but the jazz is the top. I tried many jazz places but I always come back here for the best one!
Staff and Owner always very nice and friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

We stopped here before a business dinner to get a glass of wine (since most restaurants don't open until 530pm and it was 4pm). Original artwork is for sale on the walls. Short wine and beer lists are on the cafe style tables. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. Melt! has stand up comedy nights and other entertainment. I'd love to go back for that and to try their award winning fondue.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

A great place to get a cheese plate, wine and a croque monsieur. It is on our list to go back to when we visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sometimes, my classic melted cheese sandwich is amazing. And other times, it's flat. Sometimes the special is just not so special.

I don't know what to make of this place as the Melt near the ATT Ballpark has some real "unfriendly" servers.

We go here often because we get food before the Giants game. What I don't understand is why close at 7pm when the night games sometimes start at 7:15 . Why not stay open until 7:30 so people can get food before the game.

It's one of those strange things that management should address.

The corn soup is really good.
And the pickles they offer is nice.

I would say go if you like warm grilled cheese and you don't want to eat at the ATT.