“Great quick French cuisine and quirky atmosphere”
Review of Melt - CLOSED

Melt
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 21 February 2015

A great place to get a cheese plate, wine and a croque monsieur. It is on our list to go back to when we visit.

There are newer reviews for Melt

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sometimes, my classic melted cheese sandwich is amazing. And other times, it's flat. Sometimes the special is just not so special.

I don't know what to make of this place as the Melt near the ATT Ballpark has some real "unfriendly" servers.

We go here often because we get food before the Giants game. What I don't understand is why close at 7pm when the night games sometimes start at 7:15 . Why not stay open until 7:30 so people can get food before the game.

It's one of those strange things that management should address.

The corn soup is really good.
And the pickles they offer is nice.

I would say go if you like warm grilled cheese and you don't want to eat at the ATT.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a great place. Just a little place to eat but lots of fun. Had live music. You got plenty
to eat .

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stopped in on a whim on open mic night and heard a delightful young couple from Vancouver followed by a quirky poet. Good fun! Can't speak to the food, but there are wines by the glass. Board games are available.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My family and I ate here on our last day in San Fran. The food was excellent. The owner was very personable and spent a lot of time talking to us about life in the city. There was a jazz ensemble playing HOT tunes. Great little place with big flavors and old time ambiance tucked away on Columbus Ave.

1  Thank Michelle M