“financial district crowd hangs out here”
Review of Royal Exchange

Royal Exchange
Ranked #252 of 335 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful downtown bar is a popular after-work spot.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Alot of the financial district crowd hangs out here on the weekdays. the place retains the old style dark wood western saloon interior. Gets really crowded on friday nights during happy hour. If you are around the embarcadero district a great place to stop in for a drink

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Bartenders were great as well and gave us directions to other locations nearby that we were headed to.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I ate here at the bar after a long day of business meetings during a recent trip to San Francisco. The barkeeps are all sharp and congenial, without the stuffiness you get in the city sometimes. I sat at the bar, watching a baseball game while disappearing into just the right level of ambient noise. They had several favorites on tap, including Harp. The burger I had was done perfectly. I'll take the old school tried-and-true burger over all of the new nouveau forms any day. With a side of equally perfect steak fries, my day and my dinner were complete.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

hands down, best burgers in the area and an excellent selection of beer on tap!

Reviewed 13 October 2011

It was a cold wet day and we were desperate to get out of the rain, one of the hotel doormen suggested this as an excellent bar.

The décor I thought was so traditional, we felt relaxed and reminded me so much of the pubs back home in England. Nice selection of beers.

The menu was very extensive (maybe a little too extensive if I am honest) I always wonder how much of the food is prepared fresh when establishments offer so much variety. The food that we ordered was very good, nice size portions and well presented. Our server was extremely friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

The perfect way to spend a long wet afternoon…