“Bring me another beer, and I wish I had room for another burger too”
Review of Royal Exchange

Royal Exchange
Ranked #252 of 337 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful downtown bar is a popular after-work spot.
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I ate here at the bar after a long day of business meetings during a recent trip to San Francisco. The barkeeps are all sharp and congenial, without the stuffiness you get in the city sometimes. I sat at the bar, watching a baseball game while disappearing into just the right level of ambient noise. They had several favorites on tap, including Harp. The burger I had was done perfectly. I'll take the old school tried-and-true burger over all of the new nouveau forms any day. With a side of equally perfect steak fries, my day and my dinner were complete.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

hands down, best burgers in the area and an excellent selection of beer on tap!

Reviewed 13 October 2011

It was a cold wet day and we were desperate to get out of the rain, one of the hotel doormen suggested this as an excellent bar.

The décor I thought was so traditional, we felt relaxed and reminded me so much of the pubs back home in England. Nice selection of beers.

The menu was very extensive (maybe a little too extensive if I am honest) I always wonder how much of the food is prepared fresh when establishments offer so much variety. The food that we ordered was very good, nice size portions and well presented. Our server was extremely friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

The perfect way to spend a long wet afternoon…

Reviewed 6 April 2010

I heard this place had great burgers so I went, but I instead was tempted to have a salad that was just delicious! My boyfriend had the burger and it was tasty, but there were so many menu items I wanted to try I will definitely come back! They have 2 island bars, lots of TV's showing whatever game the customers want to watch and the service is fast and friendly. There is music playing and lots of people eating and drinking (they have 32 different beers on tap) its just fun all around.