“Relaxing and Intresting”

Japanese Tea Garden
Ranked #56 of 670 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Four-acre refuge in Golden Gate Park featuring Japanese architecture and gardens.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited this place with my mother and it way amazing, the scenery was beautiful and calming and the food was delicious. I personally am not typically a fan of relaxing things as I don't like standing still but the Japanese Tea Garden was Engaging and did not make me bored. The food was delicious and I would recommend getting the Kirimochi which are a delicious sweet treat in almost any weather. I do think it was well worth the entrance fee and this is the Birthplace of the Fortune Cookie and I would recommend getting some.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,061)
All reviews
in 102 reviews
"statues"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

A pleasant but small Japanese Garden in Golden Gate Park. Crowds can be a problem. Seattle's garden is much nicer.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

What a gorgeous, peaceful retreat inside the city! If you admire Asian-style gardens then this is a must see. So tranquil with ponds and plants and trees. There is a tea house of course for a relaxing addition to a peaceful afternoon. Obviously the gardens change with the seasons but the bridge and rocks and trees are wonderful unto themselves regardless of the season. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The Japanese Garden is a pay-to-enter section of Golden Gate Park, but it is worth the $8 to enjoy the authentic Japanese surroundings, with little bridges, streams and pagodas dotted around for perfect Instagram photos. And yes, you can walk over that semi-circular bridge in the photos above! There is also a lovely little Japanese cafe/restaurant serving traditional cuisine. I opted for the udon (first time trying it) and herbal tea. Lovely. The queues for both the park and the restaurant can get quite lengthy, so it's just a matter of timing, but worth a visit.